This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
University of CincinnatiLocation: Cincinnati, OH 45221 Document ID: AC332-3RWI Posted on: 2018-11-2011/20/2018 Job Type: Regular
Assistant Director, Labor Relations
The Department of Labor Relations & Employee Relations is currently seeking an Assistant Director, who will, advise managers and assist with representing the university in labor negotiations, grievances and arbitrations; administer and interpret bargaining agreements; supervise, coach and engage employees; assist in training, succession planning, recruitment and diversity efforts.
- Participates in labor contract negotiations, and advises managers on human resources policies and bargaining agreements.
- Serve as university spokesperson in labor negotiations and adjudications.
- Identify issues; develop action plans, proposals and strategies for negotiations.
- Provide advice and consultation to managers on a wide range of matters including, but not limited to: discipline and performance issues, conflict resolution, recruitment, succession planning.
- Provide information and interpretation related to employment law and human resources policies and procedures.
- Provide direct supervision to employees.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of three (3) years of experience; -OR- Associate's degree and at least five (5) years of experience; -OR- seven (7) years of experience.
- Experience must be in Labor or Employee Relations or related field.
- Experience with labor arbitration
- 3-5 years of experience performing labor relations work, including:
- Experience in contract negotiations and a track record of success in establishing credibility with major unions.
- Working knowledge of Employment & Labor Law.
- Collective Bargaining Knowledge and Experience: collective bargaining process, contract negotiations, grievance handling, and labor and management relationships.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
SF:OMJ SF:OOD SF:RM SF:INS
Nearest Major Market: Cincinnati
Job Segment: Manager, Employee Relations, Labor Relations, Law, Medicare, Management, Human Resources, Legal, Healthcare
To apply please click here!
|More Jobs from University of Cincinnati|