This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
University of CincinnatiLocation: Cincinnati, OH 45221 Document ID: AC426-3YJ6 Posted on: 2018-12-0512/05/2018 Job Type: Regular
Assistant Director, Fraternity & Sorority Life
Under general supervision from the Director of Fraternity & Sorority Life, the Assistant Director of Fraternity & Sorority Life assists in the management, design, and development of Greek community programs.
The University of Cincinnati fraternity and sorority community includes an undergraduate Greek population of nearly 3,000 students comprised of 26 fraternities and 13 sororities (10 Panhellenic sororities, 22 IFC fraternities, 5 National Pan-Hellenic organizations, and 2 multicultural organizations) and 3 honorary organizations.
- Provide direction and advising to one or two of the four councils that make up the Fraternity & Sorority Community: the Interfraternity Council, College Panhellenic Council, National Pan-Hellenic Council, and the Multicultural Greek Council.
- Advise the recruitment/intake processes, assisting with marketing and registration processes
- Serve as a liaison to inter/nationally affiliated fraternity HQs and professional staff, including meeting and communicating with traveling, leadership, and chapter development consultants
- Advise honorary organizations
- Assist with the implementation of a leadership development program for fraternity and sorority undergraduate leaders including Emerging Greek Leaders, the New Member Welcome/Conference, Executive Leadership Conference and various council retreats
- Develop learning-centered educational opportunities in conjunction with National Ritual Celebration Week and National Hazing Prevention Week
- Assist in the coordination of training on risk management/harm reduction and hazing prevention
- Assist in the design and implementation of assessment mechanisms which elevate the effectiveness of programs and services offered by the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Assist in the development and monitoring of departmental budget
- Maintain calendar, communications and marketing materials, including digital and print publications (website, social media platforms, etc.)
- Coordinate council officer attendance at AFLV Central/NBGLC or similar student leadership development conferences, including registration, travel and accommodations
- Serve on university committees as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in college student personnel or other relevant discipline with a minimum of 2 years of experience in fraternity and sorority life at a college/university.
- Solid foundation in student development / learning theories, as well as their application to professional practice in higher education and student affairs
- Strong advising skills and demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with fraternity and sorority governing councils, executive boards and chapters, as well as alumni volunteers
- Demonstrated experience working with inter/national fraternity and sorority offices to help resolve issues related to local chapters
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of issues related to working with NPHC and multicultural organizations
- Masters degree in college student personnel or other relevant discipline required
- Ability and willingness to function as a member of a team
- Commitment to continued personal and professional development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
SF:OMJ SF:OOD SF:RM SF:INS SF:INS
Nearest Major Market: Cincinnati
Job Segment: Manager, Program Manager, Risk Management, Medicare, Management, Finance, Healthcare
To apply please click here!
|More Jobs from University of Cincinnati|