This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
University of CincinnatiLocation: Cincinnati, OH 45221 Document ID: AC386-3NSF Posted on: 2018-11-3011/30/2018 Job Type: Regular
Admissions Coordinator - College of Medicine
ADMISSIONS& SPECIAL PROGRAMS
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
The University of Cincinnati is a premier, public, urban research university; ranked as one of America's top 26 public research universities by the National Science Foundation. U.S. News has ranked UC in the Top Tier of America's Best Colleges. The Chronicle of Higher Education calls UC a "research heavyweight". Forbes, Delta Sky and Travel + Leisure magazines have named UC one of the most beautiful campuses. #HottestCollegeInAmerica
UC is one of the largest employers in the Cincinnati region, employing over 15,000 full time and part time faculty, staff and student workers. The College of Medicine, Department of Admissions and Special Programs, is looking for an Admissions Coordinator. This position will support the University's mission and commitment to excellence and diversity in our students, faculty, staff and all our activities.
- Lead the processing, management, and communications pertaining to medical applications including written and procedural communications regarding application actions (e.g., Acceptance, Alternate List, Rejection).
- Direct and execute recruitment/assignments of faculty members, staff, and community members to fill interview needs for all UCCOM Admissions programs.
- Direct all elements of application design, review, interview, selection, and admissions processes for the division of Special Programs.
- Primarily manage the admissions committee and progress meetings for the division of Special Programs as well as support departmental procedures, meetings and communications pertaining to the UCCOM Admissions Committee.
- Monitor student progress for individuals enrolled in UCCOM Special Programs (e.g., Connections Dual Admissions, MCAT course) and organize enrichment events.
- Complete holistic application review and admissions recommendations for applicants to UCCOM Special Programs.
- Co-lead planning and coordination of UCCOM's MCAT review course.
- Coordinate outreach and recruitment for Special Programs and contribute to outreach/advising specific to the Office of Admissions.
- Coordinate programs for Admissions & Special Programs including but not limited to: set-up and execution of the medical school and special programs interview programs, interview training sessions, student tour guide program, special programs interview days, and medical school second look event.
- Manage, administer, develop, enforce established university and departmental policies and procedures, outline new processes (i.e., Standard Operating Procedures [SOPs]), and monitor data collection and records management.
- Support planning, documentation, and execution of the UCCOM interview program.
- Communicate with prospective and current applicants, implement and explain College of Medicine admissions policies and procedures, and answer questions concerning all aspects of the College of Medicine and its Admissions programs.
- Respond in a timely and accurate manner to complex information by phone and written inquiries to the College of Medicine.
- Communicate in a timely, accurate and effective manner through internal application process system and the national organization's database concerning Admissions Actions and Applicants.
- Coordinate and monitor online applications, processes, and enrollment requirements for Transfer and Deferred applicants to UCCOM Admissions & Special Programs.
- Manage web content and updates for UCCOM Admissions & Special Programs
- Design materials for the interview process, admissions brochures, announcements, etc.
- Operate various computer systems to create, enter and retrieve information.
- Interact directly with staff, faculty, external agencies, community, medical students and other university departments.
Supervision Received : Supervision is received from the Director of Admissions Operations & Special Programs and the Assistant Dean-Admissions & Special Programs.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree with one (1) year experience; -OR- Associate's degree with three (3) years experience; -OR- five (5) years experience. Experience must be inprogram coordination.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to detail, professional judgment, and professionalism befitting an individual working with institutional leaders and executive stakeholders.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to multi-task and independently track and carry concurrent projects through to long-term conclusion.
- Excellent time management abilities, including ability to prioritize duties depending on timeline/item importance.
- Technical operations skills and ability to document detailed procedures/processes.
- Simultaneously able to provide content area leadership on some team activities while offering reliable, supportive contributions to other team activities.
- Understanding of and willingness to participate in Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) including ability to receive and integrate constructive feedback.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat applications. Ability to learn other data reporting programs (e.g., Crystal Reports, MedOneStop queries).
- Ability to work occasional early mornings, evenings, and weekends
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
SF:OMJ SF:OOD SF:RM SF:INS SF:CB1; SF:IND
Nearest Major Market: Cincinnati
Job Segment: Medical, Medicare, Database, Healthcare, Research, Technology
To apply please click here!
|More Jobs from University of Cincinnati|