Keuka CollegeLocation: Keuka Park, NY 14478 Document ID: AC453-0U44 Posted on: 2018-12-1512/15/2018 Job Type: Full-time
Assistant Director of Student Involvement
Position Type: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40 hours / week
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Classification: Support Staff
This is a full-time, 12-month position within the department of Student Development, reporting directly to the Dean of Student Success & Chief Retention Officer. The position involves working as a member of the Student Development team, particularly with the Director of Student Activities and New Student Programs. The Assistant Director of Student Involvement serves as the primary advisor to the Student Senate and clubs/organizations and promotes and encourages student involvement on campus. This position assists with the planning, promotion, and management of a broad spectrum of diverse campus activities and programs which cultivate a vibrant/active social life and help nurture student leadership. This role assists with the coordination and management of New Student Programs and serves as the primary contact and student success advisor for transfer and commuter students.
- Develop and implement campus-wide social, leadership, and educational programs.
- Support the coordination and implementation of major campus weekends and large scale events.
- Serve as a liaison for student clubs and organization to the campus community.
- Serve as primary advisor to Student Senate including attendance at biweekly Student Senate meetings and weekly Student Senate executive board meetings.
- Assist Student Senate with the monitoring of club/organization requirements and the budget allocation process.
- Organize and provide oversight of student leadership development opportunities.
- Manage and monitor all student organization budgets.
- Supervise Student Senator weekly office hours.
- In consultation with the Director of Student Activities and New Student Programs, implement new student orientation programs (summer orientations, Wolf Week activities, etc.)
- Assist with the selection and training of the student mentor staff.
- Develop and manage the New Student Orientation database, and coordinate its use with campus offices.
- Hire and supervise student workers for Transfer & Commuter Services.
- Assist with the planning and supervision of all social activities during Wolf Week.
- Facilitate meetings with Mentor Staff during Wolf Week and throughout the year.
- Work closely with Housing & Residence Life staff to develop and coordinate Freshman Interest Groups (FIGs) as a retention initiative.
- Serve as a student success advisor and primary resource and advocate for transfer and commuter students and their issues and concerns.
- Manage and maintain student involvement data and reports.
- Oversee the advisement of campus publications as needed (e.g. yearbook)
- Coordinate and implement appropriate assessment opportunities with regard to student involvement and transfer & commuter students.
- Serve as a resource to faculty and staff to communicate and disseminate information and resources on commuter and transfer students' issues and needs.
- Oversee the budget for transfer & commuter services.
- Responsible for ensuring that assigned tasks are completed in compliance with various institutional and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a professional and courteous attitude at all times towards co-workers, internal and external customers, representing Keuka College, its programs, policies, and procedures in a positive and professional manner. Maintain effective working relationships to ensure institution-wide teamwork.
- Attend provided/necessary training and other meetings to support effectiveness within the position as required.
- Consistently demonstrate high standards of integrity by supporting the Keuka College mission, vision, and values and adhering to institutional policies.
- Maintain a high regard for student privacy in accordance with the FERPA privacy policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
- Perform other functions as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree in an appropriate/relevant field preferred.
- Two years of relevant experience with event programming and advising required.
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel required.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- This position may require driving; therefore, a valid driver's license, and successful DMV check is required.
- Sensitivity to the needs/concerns of students, faculty, parents, college staff and the public is required.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Understand and behave with a high level of integrity and complete confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to be sensitive to and respond to needs/concerns of students, faculty, college staff and the public.
- Ability to work under pressure with a high tolerance for interruptions, and the ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
|More Jobs from Keuka College|