St. John's UniversityLocation: Jamaica, NY 11439 Document ID: AB445-0IKS Posted on: 2018-01-1801/18/2018 Job Type: Full-time
Title: Site Coordinator
Department: NYGEAR UP
GEAR UP is a discretionary grant program designed to increase the number of low-income students who are prepared to enter and succeed in post secondary education. GEAR UP provides six-year grants to states and partnerships to provide services at high-poverty middle and high schools. GEAR UP grantees serve an entire cohort of students beginning no later than the seventh grade and follow the cohort through high school. GEAR UP funds are also used to provide college scholarships to low-Income students. GEAR UP offers state and partnership grants. The GEAR UP Initiative at St. John's University has both grants.
- Schedule project support services and activities at partner schools;
- Plan with PD implementation of goals and objectives;
- Assist in project support staff supervision;
- Coordinate participant services with partners and SJU departments;
- Update project participants' files;
- Assist project participants in developing and achieving skill areas identified in his/her ISP; Assist in project report
- Master's degree in counseling, education, psychology or social work;
- Three years of experience working with disadvantaged student populations in a secondary or higher education setting;
- Three years' experience in academic advising, tutoring, counseling, teaching, or student affairs;
- Computer proficiency;.
- Knowledge of financial aid policies and
St. John's offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce. Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John's performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events.
I understand that any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John's University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John's University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply please click here!
|More Jobs from St. John's University|