This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
St. John's UniversityLocation: Jamaica, NY 11439 Document ID: AB375-4HX8 Posted on: 2018-02-0702/07/2018 Job Type: Part-time
PSAT/SAT Instructor - Part Time
Position: PSAT/SAT Instructor - Part Time
Program Description: The Liberty Partnerships Program is sponsored by the New York State Education Department and St. John's University. It is designed to provide support services to high school students who are identified as having the potential to pursue a college education but need assistance to complete secondary school. The program provides a broad range of services designed to increase academic skill development, motivation to succeed, and to foster the personal development of the students in the program. These year-round services include: tutoring, counseling, mentoring, developmental courses, and social and enrichment activities. This position will take place during the LPP Saturday and after-school program located at John Adams High School.
Under the direction of the Director and Program Coordinator/Counselor, the PSAT/SAT Instructor will provide instruction, student mentorship, and subject matter expertise on all sections of the PSAT and SAT exams in our after school and Saturday Academy programs.
- Provide instruction in the areas PSAT and SAT preparation;
- Administer and analyze skills assessments, and develop student-specific action steps based on results;
- Exhibit great classroom management skills that enable learning for all students;
- Collaborate with High School Liaisons and/or school personnel to design and implement academic interventions for students;
- Assist in tutor training; and perform other duties as assigned by the Project Director.
- Bachelors degree
- Knowledge and experience in successful preparation for PSAT and SAT exams
- Knowledge of NYS Learning Standards and Common Core;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to inspire and motivate youth;
- Deep rooted passion in serving students and helping them achieve their goals.
St. John's University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
I understand that any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John's University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
To apply please click here!