This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
St. John's UniversityLocation: Jamaica, NY 11439 Document ID: AB485-0EH7 Posted on: 2018-02-0702/07/2018 Job Type: Part-time
Part Time Temporary Employer Relations Coordinator
Title: Part Time Temporary Employer Relations Coordinator
Department: University Career Services/Division of Student Affairs
The Temporary Employer Relations Coordinator plays a critical role in ensuring success for the students of St. John's University. As part of the Employer Relations team in the University Career Services organization, this candidate is the front line of employer contact and must represent the University in a professional manner while utilizing sound business judgment.
- Utilize various web resources to research potential employers and career opportunities for our students
- Provide Employer Relations Team with information regarding new contacts or job postings associated with their portfolios of employers
- Vet new employers and employment opportunities to identify red flags and curb fraudulent employers
- Facilitate the posting of new positions and new employers on our online posting platform, Handshake
- Monitor Handshake on a daily basis to approve/decline employers and positions based on established criteria
- Build and deepen relationship with existing/new contacts (through follow-up and response to inquiries regarding Handshake, resume submissions, Career Fairs, re-postings, etc.)
- Research key trends, challenges, and opportunities in the job market
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Director of Employer Relations
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- Enthusiastic and demonstrated business acumen
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Schedule flexibility
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment
- Dependability regarding completion of assignments and attendance
- Proficiency with various Windows programs, including Microsoft Word and Excel (basic skills)
- Experience with Handshake or CareerLink (preferred but not required)
I understand that any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John's University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John's University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply please click here!