St. John's UniversityLocation: Jamaica, NY 11439 Document ID: AB452-0I2Q Posted on: 2018-01-1801/18/2018 Job Type: Part-time
Part Time Senior Buyer
Title: Part Time Senior Buyer
The Sr. Buyer is responsible for the purchasing of materials, equipment, supplies and services in accordance with established University purchasing policies and procedures. Coordinates deliveries and follows up on issues. Researches and assists Accounts Payable with vendor payment issues as needed. Monitors the daily routine activities of student workers. Assists and backs up the P-Card Administrator and Director with day to day P-Card, Fleet Management and other activities as needed.
- Purchases materials, equipment, supplies and services as well as those of a specialized or complex nature in accordance with established University purchasing policies and procedures.
- Investigates and develops sources of supply, prepares bid specifications, issues bid requests, reviews and evaluates quotations and bids and awards relevant purchase orders in accordance with University policies, procedures and dollar thresholds.
- When applicable, coordinates deliveries and follows up on issues. Liaison with vendors.
- Schedules, trains, monitors, reviews and approves the work of student workers and less experience staff to ensure timely and accurate completion of work.
- Acts as a back-up for the preparation and maintenance of student and employee time sheets and department records and forms.
- Assists the P-Card Administrator and the Director with day to day P-Card Program and Fleet Management activities.
- Monitors, interprets, communicates and enforces University purchasing policies and procedures to the University community and to vendors.
- Researches and assists Accounts Payable with vendor payment issues as needed.
- Monitors and witnesses the Facilities sealed bid process as needed.
- Assists with the development, implementation and monitoring of various University procurement programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Familiarity with a variety of procurement concepts, practices, and procedures as well as with various commodity markets.
- Must possess good computer, analytical and interpersonal skills and have the ability to communicate easily with both vendors and personnel at all levels within the University structure.
- Must also demonstrate initiative, discretion and be able to establish priorities with good independent judgment.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent required. Bachelor Degree preferred.
St. John's offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce. Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John's performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events.
I understand that any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John's University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John's University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply please click here!
|More Jobs from St. John's University|