St. John's UniversityLocation: Jamaica, NY 11439 Document ID: AB375-4HX3 Posted on: 2018-01-1801/18/2018 Job Type: Part-time
Math Teacher Part Time - Upward Bound Program
Title: Math Teacher Part Time
Department: Academic Support Services
Program Description: Upward Bound is a federally funded program designed to increase the college going rate of low-income and potential first generation college students. The program is designed to encourage participants to complete high school and continue their education at the post secondary level by offering academic support services to program participants including: specialized classes and workshops, tutoring, mentoring, counseling, workforce development, college tours, and cultural and educational field trips. The program provides opportunities for participants to succeed in their precollege performance and ultimately in their higher education pursuits. The program consists of a Director, 1 Program Coordinator/Advisor, 1 part-time Graduate Assistant, and a team of part-time teachers and college tutors/mentors. The Math Teacher is responsible for providing instruction and tutorial services in mathematics during the UB after-school program.
- Provide instruction in the area of mathematics (pre-algebra, algebra and geometry) and;
- Collaborate with High School Liaisons and/or school personnel to design and implement academic interventions for students;
- Assist in the coordination of tutorial services; conduct tutorial training; Supervision of tutorial staff;
- Exhibit great classroom management skills that enable learning for all students;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Project Director;
- Masters' Degree in Education;
- State Certification or college teaching experience;
- Three years teaching experience at the secondary or collegiate level;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of NYS Learning Standards and Common Core;
- Ability to inspire and motivate youth;
- Deep rooted passion in serving students and helping them achieve their goals;
- Preference given to educator who currently serves as a full-time teacher at the target high school.
I understand that any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John's University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John's University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply please click here!
|More Jobs from St. John's University|