This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
St. John's UniversityLocation: Jamaica, NY 11439 Document ID: AC043-0E75 Posted on: 2018-11-0211/02/2018 Job Type: Full-time
Director of Master of Public Health (MPH) Program - Associate Professor Tenure
The Program Director's responsibilities include the followings
- Plan and establish strategic goals for the program and oversee the program's daily operations.
- Assume faculty leadership and provide mentoring and support for program faculty and staff development
- Demonstrate commitment to excellence in student teaching and learning
- Implement and revise the curriculum for the MPH program in response to the current and emerging issues in public health in education, research and service
- Lead and manage the accreditation process for the MPH program and maintain accreditation with CEPH
- Engage in university, community, and professional service
- Conduct research and other scholarly activities
- Manage and coordinate the activities that support student recruitment, admission and retention to ensure program succes
- Develop a strong network of public health practice site
- Prepare and oversee the annual budget and monitor allocation of financial resources
- Encourage opportunities for community engagement and public health work force development that align with the University's mission of service and outreach.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by the Department and the College
The candidates should hold an earned doctorate in public health (preferred) or in a related discipline; have a demonstrated capability to cultivate the practicum education and significant teaching and administrative experience. Prior leadership experience in a CEPH accredited public health program is preferred. Candidates must demonstrate a commitment to work in a culturally diverse environment and to contribute to the Mission of the University.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae and a list of three professional references including phone numbers and email addresses.
St. John's University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply please click here!
|More Jobs from St. John's University|