St. John's UniversityLocation: Jamaica, NY 11439 Document ID: AB462-0HW1 Posted on: 2018-01-2201/22/2018 Job Type: Full-time
Director, Employer Relations (St. John?s College)
Title: Director, Employer Relations (St. John's College)
Department: University Career Services
The Director of Employer Relations serves as a liaison between industry, faculty and students within the St. John's College, the University Career Services Department and alumni from that college. He/she understands industry workforce needs and assists students to prepare for internships and employment. He/she also assists with matching students with appropriate internship or employment opportunities. The Director of Employer Relations cultivates relationships with new businesses and connects them with faculty and students. The overall performance standard for this position is a measurable increase in experiential learning and job opportunities for St. John's students.
Employer Outreach and Constituent Network Development:
- Assist Executive Director, Sr. Director of Employer Relations, and Dean of the college in setting Employment Development Plans.
- According to priorities set out in the employment development plans: generate interest, develop and maintain relationships with employers from the private, public, and non-profit sectors for campus recruiting, internships, posting positions, panels, special programs, etc.
- Collaborate with other units, including but not limited to, academic deans, Institutional Advancement, Athletics Department, and Alumni Relations to maintain and enrich existing relationships and develop new partnerships for potential internship and job opportunities.
- Perform extensive external outreach to organizations to enhance pre-and post-graduate opportunities for students, including designing an outreach strategy and assistance with creation of marketing collateral and materials needed to expand the recruiting program.
- Acquire and maintain an intimate knowledge of SJC programs and pedagogy.
- As point of contact for the Dean of the college, work closely with faculty, departments, student groups, and alumni to design and/or present career related programming, events, special projects, and to communicate various career services initiatives.
- Facilitate advanced career development workshops or programs for target student and alumni populations.
- Leverage alumni base in support of expanded internship and career opportunities for students.
- Utilize technology to meet student and employer needs in recruitment and placement.
- Represent the office in a variety of University, community, and other networking events.
- Collaborate with other members of Employer Relations and central management team to fully leverage employer relationships for the benefit of the institution.
- Assists with designing and presenting career-outcome based special reports/projects necessary for accreditation institutional reporting needs upon request.
- Assist with management of the employment statistics process, which may include collecting, verifying, and reporting statistics and data internally or for external purposes.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in corporate recruiting/business development, company recruiting, corporate relations, or senior human resources required. Proven success in developing and maintaining internal and external relationships, able to interact with high level executives.
- Related industry/role experience
- Demonstrated ability to build a network of employers for clients/talent acquisition for corporations in a results-driven environment. Ability to work well with diverse constituents.
- Must be collaborative, self-directed, outcome oriented, and able and willing to work under pressure with frequent interruptions. Must have strong customer service focus for internal and external constituents and been successful in working both independently and in cross-functional teams.
- Must have familiarity of employment and industry trends, coupled with business acumen and a passion for learning new businesses.
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel required.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Secondary degree preferred; Bachelor's required
- Familiarity with career services in higher education
- Proficiency in use of social media as a recruitment/placement tools
- Familiarity with faith-based organizations
Will be required to represent the Career Center outside regularly scheduled hours, including local and non-local travel; utilizing office space on both the Queens and Manhattan campuses.
St. John's offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce. Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John's performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events.
I understand that any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John's University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John's University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply please click here!
|More Jobs from St. John's University|