St. John's UniversityLocation: Jamaica, NY 11439 Document ID: AB454-0HKQ Posted on: 2018-01-2201/22/2018 Job Type: Full-time
Assistant to the Dean, College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Title: Assistant to the Dean
Department: College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
The Assistant to the Dean will assist in the academic advisement, registration and monitoring of the progression of students in the Doctor of Pharmacy Program, as well as assist in the general activities of the Office of the Dean of the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.
- Major emphasis on the developmental advisement of students in the Doctor of Pharmacy Program.
- Maintain appropriate student records and other needed information and documentation by utilizing Banner, Electronic File Cabinet (EFC) and other appropriate software.
- Assist in the tracking and analyzing the progression of students, particularly those who are having academic difficulty.
- Assist in the processing of potential transfer students, transfer credits and credits for Advancement Placement Test Scores.
- Assist in recruitment efforts of the College.
- Provide academic counseling for program changes and scheduling of student programs.
- Complete reports and student evaluations required by internal and external associates.
- Assist/participate in student oriented events and services sponsored by the College and/or University.
- Represent the College of Pharmacy Health Sciences on various University Committees.
- Serve as a liaison to other units and support services throughout the University.
- Assist with other tasks and responsibilities as determined by the Associate Dean for Student Affairs.
- Additional assessment and faculty development activities identified by the College.
- Minimum Bachelors Degree, Graduate Degree Preferred
- Knowledge of the pharmacy profession to assist in professional advisement preferred
- 3-5 years related experience required; 5-7 years preferred
- Knowledge of Banner and Electronic File Cabinet
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills
- Has the ability to work well with others at various levels
St. John's offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce. Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John's performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events.
I understand that any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John's University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John's University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply please click here!
|More Jobs from St. John's University|