This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
St. John's UniversityLocation: Jamaica, NY 11439 Document ID: AB435-4JR7 Posted on: 2018-03-0503/05/2018 Job Type: Full-time
Assistant Dean, Graduate Division
Title: Assistant Dean, Graduate Division
Department: St. John's College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
The Assistant Dean of the Graduate Division of St. John's College of Liberal Arts and Sciences fosters an environment ensuring student success:
- Performs comprehensive and holistic advising through frequent engagement with students and effective communication with departments.
- Uses Ellucian Banner to assist students with registration, changes to program (add/drop, substitutions, application of transfer credit, advanced standing, withdrawals, and health related leaves of Absence).
- Performs data queries (Access and ADA) to assist College with data based decisions to maintain and improve students' graduate experience.
- Ensures students meet all aspects of program requirements for degree conferral, including: program course requirements, master's and doctoral comprehensive exams, oral defenses and dissertations.
- Assists Associate Dean in reviewing Transfer Credit, Advanced Standing and Independent Study requests.
- Coordinates Graduate Student Professional Development Training program with Center for Teaching and Learning.
- Assists the Associate Dean on projects as needed including such things as new program and curriculum revision from inception to NYSED approval, oversight of program-level assessment of student learning, serving as the liaison between programs and administration ensuring accreditation/reaccreditation for various graduate programs, graduate course offerings, graduate student assistantships, and criminal background checks for students in graduate programs with clinical practica.
- Ensures accuracy of webpage content, student forms, and student advisement reports.
- Manages Graduate Bulletin revisions.
- Implements communication plans designed to increase student enrollment and engagement with College and Departments.
Assistant Dean is a key liaison to administrators, faculty and staff in the other University colleges, serving on University councils, committees, work groups, and other bodies, including:
- Voting member of the Liberal Arts Faculty Council.
- Attend Graduate Council and Registrar Deans' Meetings.
- Liaison for University Events, Career Services, Graduate Admissions, Financial Services, and International Students and Scholars Office.
- Serve as student advocate on ad-hoc committees.
Assistant Dean plays an active role in Graduate Admissions and Enrollment:
- Serves as the administrative resource for prospective students and Departments.
- Attends on campus and off-campus Recruitment Events, Open Houses, and Accepted Student Events.
- Implement communication plans designed to assist prospective students with program inquiries.
- Serves as prospective student liaison to graduate programs.
- Ensures College admission standards are maintained during student application process.
- Serves as the primary resource for non-matriculated and conditionally admitted graduate students.
- Graduate degree in a liberal arts and sciences discipline preferred.
- 3 -5 years related experience, preferably 5 years.
- Working knowledge of Banner, Access, Excel and CRM software.
- Demonstrated commitment to the Mission of the University.
- The ability to communicate effectively and collaboratively with students, faculty, administrators, and staff.
- A commitment to diversity.
- Previous administrative experience preferred.
- Previous experience in recruitment and graduate enrollment management is highly desirable.
St. John's offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce. Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John's performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events.
I understand that any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John's University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John's University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.
To apply please click here!