This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
St. John's UniversityLocation: Jamaica, NY 11439 Document ID: AB495-0EUH Posted on: 2018-01-1801/18/2018 Job Type: Full-time
Assistant Dean for Graduate Studies, College of Professional Studies
Title: Assistant Dean for Graduate Studies
Department: College of Professional Studies
Reporting directly to the Associate Dean/Director of Advisement, the Assistant Dean for Graduate Studies is responsible for the overall administration of the graduate programs in the College of Professional Studies (CPS). This individual provides assistance and support to all graduate program directors and provides academic advisement to both graduate and undergraduate students. The Assistant Dean for Graduate Studies represents the CPS at various external events and functions. In addition, he/she supports new program development and works closely with the Registrar's and Admission's offices. The position is located primarily on the Queens campus but requires occasional travel to the Staten Island campus and local travel to attend special events.
- Provide advisement for CPS graduate and undergraduate students.
- Provide assistance to students on all academic matters, in person, by phone, and through email.
- Advise and monitor all CPS 5-year combined degree students.
- Ensure that all student advisement reports are correct and up to date.
- Monitor, notify, and evaluate graduate and undergraduate students who are on academic probation.
- Assist all graduate program directors in the administrative aspects of their programs.
- Confirm degree conferrals three times per year for CPS undergraduate and graduate students.
- Assist in the planning and execution of the CPS graduate and undergraduate commencement ceremonies.
- Attend all graduate open houses and promotes all CPS graduate programs as needed.
- Review all graduate applications submitted by program admissions committees before forwarding the files to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Review and make admissions decisions on all students who apply for 5-year combined degree programs in CPS and notifies Registrar's Office when students are accepted.
- Complete academic workflow for all graduate students.
- Prepare and distribute reports and other correspondence as needed.
- Attend all graduate CORE Customer Relations Management Meetings with the Senior Vice-Provost for Graduate Education.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Possess a master's degree.
- A minimum of three years experience in higher education advisement and/or administration is strongly preferred.
- Possess a driver's license and a personal vehicle and/or have the ability to travel locally on public transportation.
- Possess excellent listening, communication, and organizational skills.
- Available to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends to attend special events.
- Have the ability to gain and maintain confidence and cooperation of faculty, administration, students, and other members of the University community.
- Exhibit the flexibility and resourcefulness to be able to perform successfully when challenged by changing workflow priorities.
- Have the ability to master specific university computer software.
- Exhibit intermediate skill level in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook applications.
St. John's offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce. Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John's performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events.
I understand that any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John's University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John's University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply please click here!