This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
St. John's UniversityLocation: Jamaica, NY 11439 Document ID: AB452-0HWZ Posted on: 2018-01-1901/19/2018 Job Type: Full-time
Admission Counselor (Queens Campus)
Title: Admission Counselor (Queens Campus)
Department: Office of Admission
Reporting to the Associate Director of Admission, the Admission Counselor will assist in the development and carrying out of an effective recruitment strategy and strategic plan in order to meet enrollment targets.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge base about the University and its academic and extracurricular programs and articulate these programs in a manner consistent with the University's strategic plan to prospective students, their families and guidance counselors.
- Recruit prospective first year students by conducting high school visits and attending college fairs in selected territory; cultivate selected territory by developing relationships with guidance and college counselors and by increasing application and deposit activity; provide regular territory analysis and feedback.
- Assist with the daily operations of the Office of Admission through daily admission presentations, interviews, on and off campus admission events including, but not limited to Open Houses and Accepted Student Days, as well as email, online chats and call campaigns.
- Meet application through enrollment targets by assisting with the completion, review and conversion of freshmen applications for designated territory; review applications for admission in a timely fashion.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate must be willing to travel, work evenings and weekends and juggle multiple tasks. The ideal candidate must also work well individually and as part of a team. Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as a high energy level are essential.
- A Bachelor's degree and a valid driver license are required.
- Knowledge of MS Word and Excel are also required.
St. John's offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce. Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John's performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events.
I understand that any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John's University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John's University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply please click here!