This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Pratt InstituteLocation: Brooklyn, NY 11201 Document ID: AB102-1LFU Posted on: 2017-07-1707/17/2017 Job Type: Full-time
Licensed Practical Nurse - Health and Counseling Services
Provide direct, individual patient care and education to a diverse college community, in accordance with established standards and medical ethics. In addition, perform a variety of clinical and administrative support functions for Health and Counseling services, including clinic reception, medical record keeping, basic laboratory, and initial patent work-up duties. Triage and, respond to emergency situations, provide treatment, appropriate follow-up and health education according to directives and protocols. Report to the Associate Director of Health and Counseling Services.
- Triages and screens walk-in patients and responds to phone calls and emergency situations.
- Prepares patients for examinations (measuring and recording vital signs, recording patient interview, history and chief complaint) and assisting medical providers with exams and minor office procedures; Initiates diagnostic tests and other objective measurements using sound judgment.
- Treats patients with appropriate standing orders.
- Provides patient education for common health issues, as well as anticipatory guidance.
- Phlebotomy and collection of other lab specimens; performs basic lab tests; processes, codes, and completes laboratory request forms. Performs EKGs. Minor wound care and other first aid, including dressing changes, applying bandages, removing sutures.
- Dispense and administer various medications and immunizations as ordered using standard protocols. Evaluates for appropriate reactions according to nursing protocols and standards.
- Assists RN with monitoring, maintaining, recording and ordering medical supplies.
- Along with RN, ensures patient rooms are fully stocked and prepared.
- Refers patients to other sources, as needed.
- Processes college health and immunization forms.
- Participates in office and division activities as directed.
- Adhere to infection control protocol and OSHA standards.
- Perform all other related duties, within scope of practice, as assigned.
Education: Current LPN License in New York State, ASN or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Two years related work experience in a college health, ambulatory or community setting required.
Knowledge and Skills: Demonstrated nursing assessment skills, and ability to determine emergency situations required. Must have knowledge of and experience with administration of medications, EKGS and phlebotomy.
Other Skills: Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and ability to observe HIPAA regulations and exercise sound judgment required. Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity addressing issues of concern facing students from diverse backgrounds in higher education, as well as demonstrated level of cultural competence.
Certification: CPR /BCLS Certification required.
Please submit your cover letter, resume including salary history and requirements, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
PRATT INSTITUTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND RECOGNIZES AND VALUES THE BENEFITS OF A DIVERSE WORKFORCE
To apply please click here!