This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Elizabeth City State UniversityLocation: Elizabeth City, NC 27909 Document ID: AC132-0PWE Posted on: 2018-04-0304/03/2018 Job Type: Regular
Minimum Education: Not Specified2018-05-03
Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
The Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs provides executive leadership in ensuring the overall development of each student through collegial leadership, creativity, and dedication. The position provides direction and accountability for the administration, development, assessment, and improvement of student services and experiences, which meet and support the University’s mission and strategic plan.
Working at the Chancellor’s direction and in support of the Chancellor’s vision, the position is responsible for the following:
• Provide complete oversight, direction, and accountability for the administration, development, assessment, and improvement of student services and experiences which meet and support the University’s mission and strategic plan. Serve as a member of the Chancellor’s executive team and assist the Chancellor and senior managers in achieving priority institutional objectives identified in the University’s Strategic Plan.
• Plan, develop and implement innovative and proactive programs, services, and procedures which respond to the changing needs and requirements of the University’s student community and which enhance the University’s viability for student recruitment and retention purposes.
• Implement and continuously improve business processes that result in an exemplary student matriculation experience.
• Partner with the surrounding community to implement student development programs that promote student success. Develop partnerships with private and public entities, provide leadership in obtaining grants and develop programs to meet special needs for students.
• Collaborate with Academic Affairs and Enrollment Management to shape an exceptional student experience that demonstrates a high level of student engagement, learning, and success.
• Develop strategic projections of program and staffing requirements including the budgeting of all expenditures and the identification of long and short-term needs for the division.
• Develop and foster communication with students, parents, faculty, community, legislature and the general public through participation in community organizations, student organizations and other entities which address student concerns. Ensure the university offers an inclusive environment that promotes understanding and respect for a diverse student body, staff, and community. Serve as the chief spokesperson for the Chancellor on matters related to student life, services, and programs.
• Conduct periodic evaluations of programs, services and procedures and policies to ensure that the Student Affairs division is effective, innovative, proactive, anticipatory and responsive to student and community requirements. Utilize analytical results and data to design, develop and implement innovative and effective student retention programs, services and procedures.
• Provide leadership for the institutional effectiveness, assessment, and planning for the Student Affairs division; utilize assessment results to continuously improve and implement new student programs and services. Maintain divisional SACS compliance by collaborating with the Director of Institutional Effectiveness and SACS Liaison.
• Provide leadership for the ECSU Student Conduct Process; serve as final arbitrator for student disciplinary issues; serve as ex-officio advisor to all student organizations. Augment campus learning through targeted programming related to community standards, Student Code of Conduct, civility, conflict management, and ethical decision-making, linking these efforts to other experiences for students.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Chancellor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Possess the ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, alumni, community and other constituents.
• Demonstrate the ability to provide positive leadership in developing collaborative relationships with internal and external constituencies.
• Possess the ability to resolve conflicts and provide a cultural, social and residential environment that promotes the full development of all students.
• Demonstrate an adequate knowledge of current education practices in higher education and trends regarding student life at colleges and universities.
• Demonstrate an adequate knowledge of fiscal and budgetary development; fiscal long-range program planning; student recruitment and retention; and a familiarity with academic program development and administration.
An earned doctorate from an accredited college or university with at least ten years of administrative senior level experience in student affairs at an institution of higher education is preferred and/or a combination of education and significant related experience.
Candidates should plan to submit materials by the target date of April 23, 2018, at which point candidate materials will be reviewed.
Applicants must visit https://tm2search.org/engagements/vice-chancellor-for-student-affairs/ to apply.