This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
University of MississippiLocation: Oxford, MS 38677 Document ID: AB044-5MB3 Posted on: 2017-02-0302/03/2017 Job Type: Regular
Assistant Director/Staff Psychologist/Training Dir
University Counseling Center Training Director/Staff Psychologist
University of Mississippi
This is a 12-month supervisor-practitioner position focused on expansion and oversight of the University Counseling Center’s training program, with the goal of obtaining designation as an APA-accredited pre-doctoral internship site.
- Establish and maintain an APA accredited pre-doctoral internship
- Provide leadership in coordinating clinical, training and outreach activities related to the training of master’s and doctoral students in psychology and counselor education
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the training program
- Supervise professional staff and trainees in clinical and administrative matters related to the daily management of the training program
- Provide psychological services, including diagnosis and treatment, to the campus community (including underserved populations) through individual, couples and group counseling
- Create and implement psycho-educational programming for the campus community
- Provide crisis intervention services, including participation in the after-hours on-call rotation
- Earned doctorate in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA-accredited program
- Completion of an APA accredited pre-doctoral internship
- Licensed or license-eligible as a psychologist with the Mississippi Board of Psychology (if license eligible, licensure requirements must be completed within 12 months of date of hire)
- 2 years of experience
Candidates must complete the on-line application process on the University of Mississippi’s Human Resources website: https://jobs.olemiss.edu. Applicants should electronically submit a letter of application detailing qualifications for the position; a curriculum vitae; and the names and contact information of professional references.
- Questions about the application process should be directed toward the staff in Human Resources at 662-915-1518 or email@example.com.
- Questions about the Counseling Center should be directed toward Bud Edwards, Director of the University Counseling Center, at 662-915-3784 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Counseling Center, University and Community
- The University Counseling Center is a vital member of the Division of Student Affairs, housing, Student Counseling Services, the Employee Assistance Program Mental Health Services, and the Violence Prevention Office. We have a multidisciplinary staff that functions together in ethical practice for our campus community with special attention paid to students from diverse backgrounds. We have established and maintain good collaborative efforts across campus and enjoy the support of the upper level administration.
- The University of Mississippi is the flagship institution for the state of Mississippi and ranks as one of the most beautiful campuses, one of the best college buys, and one of the safest campuses in the country. The University is one of the better work environments in the country and has an ongoing, award-winning health and wellness initiative. There are a number of academic programs and institutes with high rankings, and the Game Day Tailgating experience in the Grove is among the best in the country.
- The town of Oxford is one of the best college towns as recognized by Livability, Travel and Leisure, Southern Living and other publications. There are three large recreational lakes within an hour’s drive, each of which offers beautiful scenery and an array of outdoor activities.