This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
Kansas City University of Medicine and BiosciencesLocation: Kansas City, MO 64106 Document ID: A7042-01OG Posted on: 2013-01-2901/29/2013 Job Type: Regular
Will pay relocation expenses
President and CEO
Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (KCUMB) invites applications and nominations for President and Chief Executive Officer.
THE UNIVERSITY: Founded in 1916, Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (KCUMB), is a private, not-for-profit institution of higher education accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and the Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation and is recognized by the Coordinating Board of Higher Education for the Missouri Department of Higher Education. KCUMB is a community of professionals committed to excellence in the education of highly qualified students in osteopathic medicine, the biosciences, bioethics and the health professions. Through life-long learning, research and service, KCUMB challenges faculty, staff, students and alumni to improve the well-being of the diverse community it serves.
THE PRESIDENT AND CEO: Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences is seeking outstanding candidates for the role of President and Chief Executive Officer. Reporting to an appointed 17-member Board of Trustees, and collaborating with an Advisory Board, the President serves as the College's chief administrative/executive officer responsible for academic programs and faculty; enrollment and student affairs; financial and facilities management; human resources, and fundraising and external relations.
QUALIFICATIONS: Here is a sample of the required qualifications:
- An understanding of and commitment to the University’s mission and character as an institution dedicated to providing outstanding medical education;
- A passion for the osteopathic profession which is exhibited in all interactions and influences all decisions that affect stakeholders in and outside the university community;
- An understanding of the shared governance model and how that model affects decision-making inside the university community;
- A vision for the University that includes an environment that invites intellectual discourse;
- Broad knowledge of and comfort with the discussion and analysis of current trends in medical education – the ability to be the “idea” person;
- A documented record of success in fund-raising and development activities;
- Demonstrated competence in financial/budget planning and operations; and
- A terminal degree is strongly preferred; a doctor of Osteopathic Medicine would distinguish the candidate.
NOMINATIONS and APPLICATIONS: EFL Associates, an executive search firm, is assisting KCUMB with its search for this key administrative position. All calls and inquiries should be made through the search firm.
Please consult the Position Profile found at our website for more information about the position and detailed application requirements (http://www.eflassociates.com/highereducation). To find the profile, click on the link for “Open Positions” and then “Higher Education”. Nominations and applications will be held in confidence. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Submit all applications and supporting materials in Word or PDF form electronically to the Consensus Search Support System: https://highereddecisions.com/efl/current_vacancies.asp.
Required documents include a letter outlining the applicant’s background and qualifications for the position; curriculum vita/resume; and contact information for five professional references, at least one of which is a direct report, a second a colleague, and a third an individual to whom the applicant has reported directly. In addition the candidate should prepare a Vision Statement outlining his/her vision for osteopathic education today and in the future. This Statement should be limited to 500 words and be both compelling and persuasive. Please upload this statement to the “Other Documents” field in Consensus.
KCUMB and EFL Associates firmly support the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, gender, creed, national origin, disability, marital or veteran status or any other protected category pursuant to applicable federal, state or local law.
Confidential inquiries, questions and nominations may be directed to:
Ms. Jan M. Asnicar, Vice President
Higher Education Practice, EFL Associates