This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Stephens CollegeLocation: Columbia, MO 65215 Document ID: AC395-5VD5 Posted on: 2018-10-1010/10/2018 Job Type: Regular
Vice President for Institutional Advancement
Department: Institutional Advancement
Type: Administrative, Full-time
The Vice President for Institutional Advancement at Stephens College serves as the Chief Advancement Officer and is a member of the College’s leadership team. The advancement function includes responsibility for annual fund, corporate and foundation relations, major gifts and gift planning, endowment, capital campaigns, and alumni and constituent relations efforts, stewardship, and advancement services. The successful candidate will be an ambitious, energetic and enthusiastic fundraiser, leader and manager, one who is looking to build his/her own success story even as s/he leads the College’s Advancement office to new levels of exceptional outcomes. This is an outward-facing role, one that requires extensive travel, often in the company of the President.
- Meet the short- and long-term advancement goals of the college, working closely with the President and senior administrative colleagues.
- Serve as a member of the leadership team and maintain close working relationships with members of the Board of Trustees and key alumni/parents/friends.
- Hire, train, inspire and guide a team of enthusiastic direct reports to achieve stretch goals.
- Maintain a dynamic portfolio of at least 60 high net-worth individuals and secure major, capital, and planned gifts, as well as advanced annual gifts and endowment support.
- Create and execute fundraising plans that utilize best practices in annual, major, and planned gift programs.
- Develop, adopt and maintain effective processes in all phases of donor qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Serve as the staff liaison for Institutional Advancement to the Board of Trustees and the Board Committee on Advancement.
- Within two years, work with colleagues and external expertise to plan and execute on a comprehensive capital campaign.
- All other duties as assigned by the President.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A documented track record of fundraising success, especially in major gift solicitations.
- Strong organizational, supervisory and leadership capabilities.
- Documented strategic planning and critical thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a ready sense of humor, and the flexibility to respond with calm and grace to multiple stakeholder groups in diverse situations and environments.
- An understanding of and ability to express and support the College’s women-focused mission.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of ten years of experience as a senior level advancement professional.
Desired qualifications and characteristics:
- A sense of humor, collaborative spirit, and interest in joining and leading a strong team of respectful, supportive and fun-loving colleagues
- A strong work ethic, a willingness to work as long and hard as it takes to get the job done.
- A competitive spirit that drives to success.
- An understanding of and passion for the college’s mission.
- Complete the online Stephens College application
- Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letters of application, containing statements of personal qualifications, along with descriptions of leadership styles
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of at least three professional references
The successful candidate must pass a criminal background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer. A diverse community on campus is valued.
Smoke Free Campus