This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
University of MichiganLocation: Ann Arbor, MI 48109 Document ID: AC061-2XCV Posted on: 2018-02-1202/12/2018 Job Type: Regular
Will pay relocation expenses
Counseling Center Social Worker or Psychologist
The University of Michigan Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS), a unit within Student Life, is seeking candidates to fill 3 full-time positions. We continue to grow to meet the needs of the student body. CAPS is a university counseling center that serves a diverse student body of approximately 44,000 students. We are a multicultural, multidisciplinary, and multi-theoretical staff striving to provide culturally competent clinical services, outreach programming, and training opportunities. We are a counseling center that affirms diversity, condemns oppression in every form, and encourages the utilization of our services by all students, including those that might be reluctant to receive standard/traditional forms of treatment. To this end, we seek to provide a safe, welcoming and affirming environment for all. CAPS is accredited by the International Association of Counseling Services (IACS), and the doctoral internship is accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA).
These positions can be filled by a psychologist or social worker. Starting date is negotiable, but ideally by August 6, 2018.
Responsibilities for all positions include: individual and group counseling, consultation with faculty and staff, outreach and liaison services, crisis intervention, and active involvement in all training programs including supervision of trainees, and educational activities. CAPS employees are strong generalists in the areas of solution-focused clinical work, group treatment, training and supervision of social work, psychiatry, and psychology trainees, and outreach/education/community engagement work, all within a college student mental health setting.
CAPS is especially interested in continuing to build and maintain a culturally diverse staff dedicated to working in a multicultural environment.
General Requirements – all positions:
- For Social Worker: Master’s or Doctoral degree in Social work. Licensed/license eligible in the State of Michigan.
- For Psychologist: Doctoral degree in counseling or clinical psychology or a closely related field, from an APA-accredited program, and APA-accredited internship. Licensed/license eligible in the State of Michigan.
- Demonstrated competency and expertise in working clinically with college student/young adult populations, including individual and group work.
- Demonstrated competency and expertise with, or interest in developing an expertise with, psycho-educational programming and outreach with a focus on the context of college student life.
- Demonstrated multicultural competency/work with diversity and difference in current professional role or professional-in-training role.
Desired Qualifications (applicable to all positions):
We are also interested in adding the following areas of culturally competent clinical and programming expertise with college student populations in our agency work:
- Language fluency (including able to conduct therapy) in languages other than English/Spanish – including, but not limited to, Mandarin and Korean
- Issues of neuro-diversity
- Issues of process addictions (e.g., internet addictions; alcohol/other drugs addictions; etc.)
For Embedded Counselor Position (1):
One position will be dedicated to the College of Engineering. Please indicate your interest in this in your cover letter.
For more information on the CAPS Embedded Model, please see:
For Central Office Counselor Positions (2):
These positions will be housed in our Central Office.
For more information, see:
To apply, please upload ONE file that contains the following: 1) cover letter, 2) curriculum vitae, and 3) a list of three professional references.
Please go to the UM Job Website at http://careers.umich.edu/
- Search Jobs
- Keyword(s) – enter job opening ID.
- Choose 153345 (for social workers) or 153344 (for psychologists)
- Click on Posting Title to open job posting
- Click Apply Now
- Click on appropriate link (External Applicants will be directed to register for a user name and password)
- Review posting
- Click Apply
- Follow Procedures
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. However, reviews will start and preference will be given to those who apply by March 2, 2018.
The University of Michigan is a non-discriminatory, affirmative action employer. Minorities, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations are encouraged to apply.
About the Ann Arbor Community
Ann Arbor is a culturally diverse community with all the amenities of a large city in a small town setting. Detroit Metropolitan International Airport is 30 minutes away. The Great Lakes and numerous inland lakes offer a variety of recreational opportunities in a four-season climate. Primary, secondary, and university level education is of the highest quality. For further information about Ann Arbor, please visit https://www.visitannarbor.org/
For more information on this position, contact:
Patty O’Malley, Psy.D
Chair, Search Committee
CAPS, 3100 Michigan Union
530 S. State Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
|More Jobs from University of Michigan|