This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Williams CollegeLocation: Williamstown, MA 01267 Document ID: AC225-5BHA Posted on: 2018-06-1106/11/2018 Job Type: Regular
Health Services Administrator
Health Services Administrator
Student Health and Wellness Services
We are pleased to announce the opening of a Health Services Administrator in the Student Health & Wellness Services Department. This is a full-time, year-round, regular appointment reporting to the Director of Medical Services. The Health Services Administrator is an integral part of the health services team providing support to leadership for the daily operations of Student Medical Services in the department. This position is designed to support the Director of Medical Services, allowing the department to centralize all of the significant activity relative to human, fiscal, and legal resources required for the safe, efficient, and effective delivery of student health and wellness services on campus. This position also provides administrative support where needed to the overall Department of Student Health and Wellness Services (including Medical Services and Integrative Wellbeing Services).
Williams is committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty and staff. Our expectation is that the successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion. Applicants should highlight relevant experience with building, working with, and supporting a broadly diverse and inclusive community.
- Liaise with Human Resources and the Administrative Director of Divisional Affairs relative to all HR-related functions for the Health and Wellness Services Department;
- Serve as primary electronic records management system manager and administrator;
- Liaise with Controller’s office and other financial support offices to ensure timely and accurate accounting and expense reports;
- Work with clinicians to ensure compliance with the Department of Public Health regulations;
- Insure that the Student Health Insurance Program is in regulatory compliance;
- Maintain and monitor various other standards and regulations such as OSHA compliance, the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act, and full compliance with HIPAA and FERPA;
- Procure vaccines and related medical supplies, office supplies, educational materials, and related goods and products;
- Supervise Student Medical Services support staff; coordinate and supervise summer workflow with Director
- Ensure compliance with hazardous waste material disposal regulations;
- Maintain, report, analyze utilization data as requested to ensure that Health Services is staffed appropriately and flexibly to meet the healthcare needs of an evolving student body
- Associate degree with 5-8 years related healthcare administration (practice manager or nurse administrator) experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Professionalism, confidentiality, and the ability to work collaboratively with others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience managing electronic records system
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple competing demands
- Possess a high level of cultural competence in working with diverse populations
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
For optimal consideration, please submit resume materials by July 13, 2018. Review of resumes will continue until the position is filled. Job group 2-D
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Beyond fully meeting its legal obligations for non-discrimination, the college is committed to building and supporting a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn, and thrive.