This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
MGH Institute of Health ProfessionsLocation: Charlestown, MA 02129 Document ID: AC273-0KVT Posted on: 2018-07-1107/11/2018 Job Type: Regular
Minimum Education: Not Specified2018-08-10
Chief Development Officer
- Participate as a member of the Institute’s senior leadership team in policy and strategy development for the institution, including defining priorities.
- Develop a strategic plan for the development program by providing leadership, vision, strategic and effective management so that its philanthropic goals are realized.
- Ensure the successful achievement of aggressive fundraising goals, identifying and engaging philanthropic alumni, friends, corporations, foundations, and influential leaders in support of the Institute’s mission.
- Build and manage a portfolio of up to 75 major gifts prospects with a gift capacity of $25,000 or greater.
- Conduct at least 100 personal prospect visits annually, including calls involving the strategic engagement of the President.
- Target 10-12 major gift solicitations annually.
- Manage annual fundraising events, including recruiting and staffing the committees, soliciting sponsorships, developing the theme, developing the program content, and ensuring the successful implementation of the event and its follow-up.
- Oversee the management of the annual fund, student solicitations, planned giving, and stewardship programs.
- Oversee development operations, the application infrastructure, departmental expense budget, and other operational functions.
- Identify opportunities for focused campaigns, for additional special events, and engagement vehicles for donors, considering the cost/benefits of such opportunities, and implementing new programs as warranted in collaboration with leadership, faculty and staff.
- Oversee the development of a strong management structure that enables the recruitment, professional growth, and retention of talented staff.
- Establish strong relationships with academic leaders and the faculty and demonstrate high respect for their work, most especially the Office of Strategic Communications and the Office of Student and Alumni Services.
- Build and strengthen relationships with the Institute’s Board of Trustees.
- Play a key role in continually renewing the Board through the identification of new members.
- Build and secure investment in and implementation of best practices in all activities of the Development Office.
- Work closely with the Deans to support fundraising strategies in the Schools.
- Work closely with the President supporting her/his fundraising activities and managing her/his donor portfolio.
- Commitment to the mission of the MGH IHP
- Proven ability to build fundraising programs and develop a nontraditional donor base
- Significant fundraising experience building development programs with an emphasis in major gifts strongly preferred
- Demonstrated success in personally cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding large gifts from individuals
- Experience managing a team, with a collaborative approach and flexibility
- Superb written and oral communication skills with both internal and external constituencies
- Clear, concise and engaging presentation style
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, with an emphasis on successful implementation and execution
- An appreciation for and understanding of diverse audiences and communities.
- Effective and successful experience working with high-level volunteers by providing strong support, inspiring action, and continued dedication to the mission
- Ability to understand educational, scientific, and health care information and then synthesize and communicate this information in an effective and compelling manner
- Experience working with faculty and clinical leaders, with a demonstrated track record of collaboration on projects and prospect situations
- Ability to develop strategies and refine them after feedback from key stakeholders
- Unflinching integrity seasoned with humor, perspective and wisdom.
- Ability to start and build relationships with donors and prospective donors.
To apply to this position: Please apply to website posting : https://partners.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=3069103&src=JB-10326