This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Somerset Community College - KCTCSLocation: Somerset, KY 40383 Document ID: AC062-3URG Posted on: 2018-02-1602/16/2018 Job Type: Regular
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) seeks a highly ethical, caring, energetic, dynamic, student-focused, innovative and visionary leader to serve as the President/CEO of Somerset Community College in Somerset, KY. This leader will be responsible for achieving the student success, workforce readiness and strategic goals needed for SCC to be the first choice for area students. This position will build upon and create partnerships with other higher education institutions, employers and the community.
THE SYSTEM AND THE COLLEGE
KCTCS, the largest provider of post-secondary education and workforce training in Kentucky, is a statewide community college system with 16 colleges and more than 70 campuses across the Commonwealth. Somerset Community College (SCC) is one of the 16 colleges. SCC enrolls 5,899 students on an annual basis, has 6 campuses (1 in Somerset; 5 in adjacent counties) and serves Workforce clients with customized instructional programs.
KCTCS and the Board of Directors of Somerset Community College (SCC) seek a visionary educator with an outstanding record of strong leadership, educational accomplishments and an ability to foster internal and external partnerships, to serve as the next college president. The college president reports directly to the KCTCS President. The president works closely with the SCC Board of Directors and Foundation Board comprised of a well-connected and engaged group of community leaders desirous of developing a top-in-the-country performing institution in student performance and community outcomes. The President is responsible for all aspects of the college’s operation throughout the service area and represents the college at the local and state levels. The president should have a proven track record of interacting positively and professionally with all faculty and an understanding and appreciation of a faculty promotion and tenure process.
The mission of Somerset Community College is to improve the employability and quality of life of area citizens as the primary provider of:
- College and Workforce Readiness
- Transfer Education
- Workforce Education and Training
- Student Support Services
To be recognized as a premier community college educating Kentucky’s globally competitive workforce
- Flexibility and innovation
- Quality and excellence
- Communication, openness and accountability
- Continuous improvement
- Data and outcomes‐driven decision‐making
- Inclusion, equity, respect, and global diversity
- Balance, collaboration, and teamwork
- Student focused with a strong commitment to student access, success achievement & recruitment
- Strong communication skills
- Proven leadership abilities with strong management skills
- Collaborative Leadership style
- Aware of and responsive to workforce needs of the community
- Emphasis on enhancing the college’s reputation
- Ability to develop & strengthen community, K-12, and higher education partnerships
- Commitment to industry and medical community with a focus on providing
- programs to meet their needs
- Be highly visible and engaged in all communities served by SCC
- Ability to develop community partnerships
- Well rounded background in all functional areas of the college
- Financial background with a thorough understanding of the building process
- Experience with technical education
- An understanding of what it means to be part of a statewide system
- Strong fundraising capabilities
- Data driven
- An earned Doctorate from an accredited college or university
- Progressive leadership experience with 3 – 5 years Senior-level executive experience in higher education, with preference given to community or technical college experience
- An approachable person of high integrity and energy, with a track record of building successful teams, inside and outside the organization.
- President with CEO experience
- Classroom teaching experience
Applicants will submit for review the following:
- A current vita with cover letter addressing characteristics and qualifications; and
- A list of five professional references, including names and telephone numbers (both home and business).
- All application materials must be received by 5:00 PM EST on March 14, 2018.
The review of applications will begin March 15, 2018. Nominations and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System is an equal educational and employment opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of; race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, family medical history, or genetic information. Further, we vigilantly prevent discrimination based on sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor.