This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Kentucky Community and Technical College SystemLocation: Versailles, KY 40383 Document ID: AC200-5LFA Posted on: 2018-05-2105/21/2018 Job Type: Regular
Open Date: 5/17/2018
Close Date: 6/17/2018
KCTCS is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity.
We actively encourage applications and/or nominations of persons of color, women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and other individuals.
KCTCS is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution.
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System is the Commonwealth’s largest postsecondary institution serving more than 100,000 students through 16 colleges with more than 70 campuses. We also are Kentucky’s largest provider of workforce and online education. Through partnerships with business and industry, we align our programs to meet the needs of local employers. Our colleges are united in their commitment to making life better for our students, communities and the citizens of Kentucky. The open position, outlined below, is located in Versailles, Kentucky.
KCTCS is seeking to fill the position of Chancellor. We are seeking an innovative and entrepreneurial leader to continue our growth and success. This position reports directly to the KCTCS President.
As the system-level chief academic officer, the Chancellor provides leadership, direction, and support for academic affairs, economic and workforce development, institutional research and effectiveness, and external collaborative relationships. The successful candidate must have senior-level administrative experience at a comprehensive community and technical college; must be a person of high integrity; must be a visionary leader; must have an earned doctorate from an accredited institution; and must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. In addition, the successful candidate should have:
• An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community and technical college.
• Experience as a college president/CEO.
• Demonstrated ability to lead within a larger system.
• Evidence of effective leadership in developing and supporting university transfer programs, technical education, workforce training and on-line education.
• Evidence of leadership in supporting economic development and establishing a positive institutional presence at the state level.
• Experience in developing and recommending policy at the local and state level.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills necessary to manage change.
• Experience in developing coalitions and state partnerships.
• Experience in planning and managing multiple budgets.
• Experience in working with private and public funding sources including state, federal, and foundation grants.
• Commitment to diversity and a demonstrated ability to lead an institution that values and respects differences.
• Knowledge, use, and implementation of technology in learning environments.
• Evidence of leadership in curriculum development and initiating new programs.
KCTCS offers a competitive benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation, and creativity. Positions with the KCTCS System Office are term-contract positions, with the expectancy of continuance based on performance.
Applicants will submit for review the following:
1. A current resume with cover letter addressing characteristics and qualifications.
2. A list of five (5) professional references, including names and telephone numbers (both home and business).
All nominations and applications should be addressed to:
KCTCS Human Resources, Job #9808
Attention: Jackie B. Cecil
300 North Main Street
Versailles, KY 40383
To apply online, submit a completed application with the above requested materials by visiting the KCTCS website @ http://systemoffice.kctcs.edu and click on “Job-Seekers”.
KY law requires state and national pre-employment background checks as a condition of employment.
All materials must be received by close of business on 6/17/2018
Applicants will be notified if selected for an interview.
Search may be extended if additional candidates are needed.