This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Ashland Community and Technical CollegeLocation: Ashland, KY 41101 Document ID: AC146-3RBZ Posted on: 2018-04-2004/20/2018 Job Type: Regular
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) seeks a highly ethical, personable, transparent, strategic, forward thinker, energetic and visionary leader to serve as the President/CEO of Ashland Community and Technical College in Ashland, KY. This leader will be responsible for achieving the student success, workforce readiness and strategic goals needed for ACTC to be the first choice for area students. This position will build upon and create partnerships with other higher education institutions, employers and the community.
THE SYSTEM AND THE COLLEGE
KCTCS, the largest provider of post-secondary education and workforce training in Kentucky, is a statewide community college system with 16 colleges and more than 70 campuses across the Commonwealth. Ashland Community and Technical College (ACTC) is one of the 16 colleges. ACTC enrolls 2,595 students on an annual basis, has 3 campuses and serves Workforce clients with customized instructional programs.
KCTCS and the Board of Directors of Ashland Community and Technical College (ACTC) seek a visionary educator with an outstanding record of strong leadership, educational accomplishments and an ability to foster internal and external partnerships, to serve as the next college president. The college president reports directly to the KCTCS President. The president works closely with the ACTC Board of Directors and Foundation Board comprised of a well-connected and engaged group of community leaders desirous of developing a top-in-the-country performing institution in student performance and community outcomes. The President is responsible for all aspects of the college’s operation throughout the service area and represents the college at the local and state levels. The president should have a proven track record of interacting positively and professionally with all faculty and an understanding and appreciation of a faculty promotion and tenure process.
The mission of Ashland Community and Technical College is to:
•Teach with excellence
• Serve with passion
• Learn for life
ACTC will become a college of excellence in providing educational pathways leading to student success in technical, transfer, and workforce education
• Teaching and Learning Excellence
• Access and Support
• Community and Workforce Partnerships
• Strong communication skills
• Proven leadership abilities with strong management skills
• Commitment to student access and success
• Commitment to faculty & staff development
• Aware of and responsive to workforce needs of the community
• Emphasis on enhancing the college’s reputation & supporting the college’s history & future
• Commitment to business & industry with a focus on providing programs to meet their needs
• Financial background with a thorough understanding of the budgeting process
• Understands the service region of the college
• Understands performance based funding
• Ability to develop community partnerships
• Community College experience
• Experience with establishment of workforce development programs & technical education
• Embraces & is highly visible throughout the communities served by the ACTC tri-state area
• Well rounded background in all functional areas of the college
• Understands what it means to be part of a statewide system
• Proven fundraising capabilities
• Classroom teaching experience
• Understands facilities & space management
1. An earned Doctorate from an accredited college or university
2. Progressive leadership experience with 3 – 5 years Senior-level executive experience in higher education, with preference given to community or technical college experience
3. An approachable person of high integrity and energy, with a track record of building successful teams, inside and outside the organization.
Applicants will submit for review the following:
1 A current vita with cover letter addressing characteristics and qualifications; and
2 A list of five professional references, including names and telephone numbers (both home and business).
3. All application materials must be received by 5:00 PM EST on May 17, 2018.
The review of applications will begin May 18, 2018. Nominations and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
*Please Note: All semi-finalists will be required to submit a 10-minute video presentation.
All nominations and applications should be addressed to:
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System is an equal educational and employment opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of; race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, family medical history, or genetic information. Further, we vigilantly prevent discrimination based on sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor.