This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
University of Kansas Medical CenterLocation: Kansas City, KS 66160 Document ID: AC485-58Q5 Posted on: 2018-12-1012/10/2018 Job Type: Regular
Minimum Education: Not Specified2019-01-09
Vice Chancellor: Diversity, Equity, Inclusion
The University of Kansas Medical Center (KUMC) is accepting applications and nominations for Vice Chancellor for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. KUMC has 11 programs ranked in the top 50 among public universities as well as 23 residency programs and more than 30 research institutes and centers. KUMC’s mission is to improve lives and communities in Kansas and beyond through innovation in education, research and health care.
To learn more about The University of Kansas Medical Center, visit http://www.kumc.edu/.
For a full description and to apply, visit https://jobs.kumc.edu/ and search for position number 01202600.
The Vice Chancellor for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion serves as the chief diversity officer and focal point for all diversity-related initiatives at the University of Kansas Medical Center (KUMC). The Vice Chancellor develops and oversees programs, services, and initiatives designed to enhance the organization’s cultural competence and the successful recruitment, professional development and retention of students, faculty and staff from diverse and under-represented population groups.
The Vice Chancellor serves as liaison and develops collaborative partnerships within university communities to promote inclusion and diversity as essential elements of the mission of KUMC. Additionally, the Vice Chancellor identifies and develops funding sources and oversees the related budget as appropriate to KUMC. Together with the University’s Human Resources and Equal Opportunity Office the Vice Chancellor is responsible for the effective implementation of our affirmative action program and related recruitment efforts. The Vice Chancellor oversees the KUMC Executive Vice Chancellor’s Diversity and Inclusion Cabinet and reports to, and advises, the Executive Vice Chancellor on all inclusion and diversity issues.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide the leadership, vision, planning and oversight for all three KUMC campuses (Kansas City, Wichita and Salina) to build and support a more inclusive, diverse and equitable campus community
- Develop, implement, and manage an Inclusion and Diversity Strategic Plan; measure, evaluate and report diversity progress in compliance with this plan
- Produce scholarly materials to advance diversity and cultural competence within the science community as a whole
- In conjunction with the Schools, the Vice Chancellor is accountable and responsible for meeting accreditation requirements (E.g., LCME diversity standards for the School of Medicine)
- Ensure that cultural competence is incorporated within KUMC’s multiple curricula and aligned with the KU Core, a university-wide curriculum
- Develop and implement a framework and evaluation system of accountability that will promote and monitor diversity for all KUMC units across its three campuses
- Develop and maintain active partnerships with the external community and appropriate alumni groups in support of diversity at KUMC
- Serve as chair or facilitator for standing and ad hoc committees that address inclusion, diversity and equity issues for the university
- Promote the office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to the university and broader community
- Work with the Offices of Community Outreach, Communications, and other entities to develop a communication strategy related to inclusion and diversity efforts
- Other related duties as assigned by the Executive Vice Chancellor
- Ph.D. or comparable terminal degree
- Five years of leadership experience in higher education with documented advocacy and support for diversity, multiculturalism, inclusion, and educational equity as evidenced by the application materials
- Documented leadership in initiating and maintaining programs, events, and initiatives at an educational and/or research institution as evidenced by the application materials
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills as evidenced by the application materials
- Ability to expedite administrative processes as demonstrated by successes in previous administrative positions
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment as evidenced by the application materials
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under time constraints
- Demonstrated ability to promote and maintain collegial relationships and work collaboratively as part of an administrative team as evidenced by successes in previous administrative positions
- Demonstrated sensitivity to confidentiality issues and ability to exercise discretion as evidenced by the application materials
- Sensitive to faculty, staff and student concerns
- Experience with developing and managing a budget and providing fiscal oversight with reporting lines as evidenced by previous administrative positions
- Experience with developing and implementing strategic plans
- Three years of leadership experience at a comprehensive educational and/or research institution, particularly related to achieving institutional change; as evidenced by the application materials
- Commitment to inclusion and diversity as demonstrated by participation in previous administrative positions for faculty, staff and student recruitment and retention efforts
The University of Kansas-Lawrence, University of Kansas Medical Center and the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita and its affiliated locations are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression and genetic information in the University's programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies and is the Title IX coordinator for the Medical Center campuses: Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 3901 Rainbow Blvd., Kansas City, KS 66160, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas, medical center campuses).
Arrangements will be made if you have a disability that requires an accommodation in completing the application form or in interviewing. Please notify Human Resources at (913) 588-5080 in advance so necessary arrangements can be made.