This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Purdue UniversityLocation: West Lafayette, IN 47907-2024 Document ID: AB436-4C2V Posted on: 2017-11-0711/07/2017 Job Type: Regular
Assistant Director, Veterans Success Center
Reporting to the Director, the Assistant Director will manage all aspects of the military-connected career development program to include; program development, implementation and assessment, supervision of VA work-study students, collaboration with the Center for Career Opportunities, and develop partnerships with external corporations. Provide military-connected students with direct access to hiring recruiters, networking, and career development opportunities.
The position will also provide support to the military-connected orientation program, represent the Veterans Success Center across the campus and greater community, serve on department and University committees as requested, attend national conferences, and facilitate Green Zone awareness training. Support the Director in their absence, assist in yearly program assessment, and make recommendations for program development
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least two years of experience working with military-connected persons; either in higher-education, career development, corporate recruiting and hiring OR a combination of the above
- Excellent oral / written communication, influencing, facilitation, and analytical skills
- Ability to coordinate and host workshops and other public events
- Military experience
- This is a two year pilot program. Extension of employment past the two years is contingent upon available funding
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime).
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY ON PURDUE'S CAREER PAGE: http://bit.ly/2zowcGM