This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Saint Mary's CollegeLocation: South Bend, IN 46556 Document ID: AB226-DG10 Posted on: 2017-06-1306/13/2017 Job Type: Regular
Will pay relocation expenses
Assistant Director of Annual Giving
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
The Assistant Director of Annual Giving will work in partnership with the Director of Annual Giving to develop, plan, and implement a robust direct and electronic mail program soliciting alumnae, parents, friends and students. The Assistant Director will also be responsible for the development and implementation of the department’s overall messaging strategies, ensuring effective integration across all annual giving channels.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Plans, writes, coordinates and implements the production and delivery of the Annual Giving and Belles Varsity Club direct mail program and digital communications program.
- Assists the Director in planning cultivation and solicitation strategies for the giving societies.
- In collaboration with the Director of Annual Giving and the Office of Integrated Marketing Communications, the assistant director will ensure that the annual giving message is consistent with the College’s brand.
- Analyzes and evaluates the outcomes of programs and, consistent with the most current market research, adjusts the plan accordingly to increase donor acquisition and retention, as well as gift renewal.
- Work in collaboration with annual giving staff to ensure consistent and effective messaging across all annual giving channels including, but not limited to, digital strategies, event and program communication, reunion messaging, phonathon scripts and student philanthropic initiatives.
- Develops, maintains and circulates a calendar of all annual giving communications/publications.
- Prepares quarterly Annual Fund ads for the Courier.
- Oversees the content and development of the Annual Giving website.
- Manages the matching gift program.
- Works collaboratively with all areas of the Development office to advance fundraising goals.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
- B.A. in English, communications, marketing or related field.
- A minimum of three years of related work experience with preference for development or annual giving experience.
- Advanced written communication skills with demonstrated ability to creatively and persuasively convey messages.
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, and organizational skills are essential.
- Computer proficiency with Word, Excel, and Access is preferred.
- Excellent time management skills; use of effective tracking methods to complete work and projects in time required.
- Ability to analyze data related to direct mail strategies.
- Affinity for the mission of Saint Mary’s College.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, work independently and attend to detail while meeting clearly defined goals.
Candidates interested in the available positions should submit a cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references electronically to email@example.com or via U.S. Mail to Saint Mary's College, Office of Human Resources, 104 Facilities Building, Notre Dame, Indiana 46556.
Saint Mary's College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In keeping with the College's mission, Saint Mary's is committed to increasing racial and ethnic diversity at all levels - students, faculty, and staff - and seeks applications from candidates who share this commitment.