This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
University of CincinnatiLocation: Bloomfield, IN 47424 Document ID: AC454-48SX Posted on: 2018-12-1512/15/2018 Job Type: Regular
Assistant Director of Marketing, Lindner College of Business
LCB is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as the Assistant Director of Marketing for the College Relations Office. The role of the Assistant Director of Marketing is to assist with the planning, development and implementation of print and digital marketing campaigns, publications and other related communications to promote the Lindner College of Business regionally, nationally and internationally to its various audiences, such as prospective and current students, alumni, donors, supporters, and other constituents.
The Assistant Director of Marketing reports to the Associate Director of Integrated Marketing Communications. In addition to working closely with the college's Web Communications Manager and the Associate Dean for Innovation and New Ventures, this position will also work collaboratively with all units within LCB to develop, implement and maintain print and digital marketing and communication efforts for the Lindner College of Business in accordance with University guidelines. Additionally, this position will write feature stories and news releases, lead content innovation and social media strategy, plan and maintain scheduling for various communications, and coordinate special projects for multiple units within the college as needed.
- Assist with the planning, development, implementation and management of print and digital marketing campaigns, publications and related communications for the Lindner College of Business.
- Brainstorm, develop and design creative layouts for both print and digital materials.
- Manage the creation, production and distribution of printed marketing collateral.
- Implement digital marketing strategies (i.e. display ads, social media advertising, search engine optimization, Google AdWords, pay-per-click, retargeting, etc.) for various units within the college to best promote their programs and initiatives as well as improve recruitment and enrollment outcomes for the college's undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Write and edit copy for both print and online marketing communications, such as brochures, flyers, postcards, publications, online press releases, social media posts and digital marketing strategies, to name a few.
- Plan and maintain scheduling of communications for multiple units within the college.
- Create a regular flow of original news stories and press releases under the general direction of the Associate Director of Integrated Marketing Communications to promote academic excellence, faculty research, innovative teaching practices and alumni engagement happening within the college to a worldwide audience.
- Leverage digital platforms, social media, college and university partnerships, and staff resources to develop new approaches to disseminating news/stories more broadly.
- Assist with the content creation, management and design of Portfolio magazine's print and online versions.
- Collect and analyze data needed to track the effectiveness of promotional efforts. Make recommendations to meet planning objectives.
- Collaborate with UC Foundation and UC Alumni Association colleagues on development/philanthropic marketing initiatives.
- Design and implement environmental branding and digital signage throughout the college, managing content, run-time, locations and related uses.
- Other appropriate duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with five (5) years experience; -OR- Associate's degree with seven (7) years experience; -OR- nine (9) years experience. Degree must be in Business Administration, Marketing or a related field.
- Experience may require at least three (3) years of supervision.
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- At least five (5) years' prior experience and demonstrated successes in print and digital marketing strategies, advertising, lead generation, website analytics, SEO, copywriting, and communications campaigns.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, etc.) as well as Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Must possess a portfolio of past work samples that demonstrate professional experience in graphic design, digital marketing and copywriting.
- Must be proficient on a Mac operating system.
- Experience A/B testing for marketing campaigns.
- Experience designing pieces within set branding guidelines established by a university or organization.
- A deep enthusiasm for marketing and communications.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of web concepts and emerging trends (CMS, SEO and social platforms).
- Ability to think strategically, develop and execute operational plans.
- Ability to work under pressure and juggle several projects simultaneously, with the flexibility to respond to changing priorities and fluctuating workloads.
- A strong work ethic and refusal to accept complacency.
- Ability to exercise professional judgment under tight deadlines.
- Ability to balance creativity with multi-tasking, staying organized, evaluating priorities on an ongoing basis, and following through on all projects independently.
- Ability to be a team player and work effectively and collaboratively with LCB faculty and staff.
- Appreciation for and understanding of the importance of working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Familiarity with professional photography and video equipment.
- Familiarity with event coordination.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
SF:OMJ SF:OOD SF:RM SF:INS
Nearest Major Market: Cincinnati
Job Segment: Manager, Medicare, Testing, Management, Research, Healthcare, Technology
To apply please click here!
|More Jobs from University of Cincinnati|