This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
University of Illinois SpringfieldLocation: Springfield , IL 62703 Document ID: AB445-5ZZG Posted on: 2017-11-1511/15/2017 Job Type: Regular
Will pay relocation expenses
Associate Director, Studnet Union
The new UIS Student Union will be the social heart of campus for students. In this signature building, so full of light and activity, students will interact with each other and with faculty, staff, and visitors, creating a vibrant and thriving focal point for life at UIS.
The University of Illinois Springfield is seeking an Associate Director of Student Union to help us with this very exciting new addition to our campus. The Associate Director will oversee scheduling and daily operations of the Student Union.
Responsible for the overall management and supervision of the operations areas of the Student Union with specific responsibility for the following: Scheduling, Operations, and Student Employee training. Liaison with and provide support to outside agencies who provide support services to the Student Union such as Campus Food Service and Facilities Services. Provide input and direction in major decisions concerning budget, upkeep, maintenance and renovation projects with regard to the Student Union facility. Work closely with the Executive Director of the Student Union in formulating, interpreting and enforcing Union and University-wide policies. Work is performed under minimal supervision.
Characteristic duties and responsibilities:
- As a member of the management staff of the Student Union, this position is responsible for the overall management and supervision of the following areas:
All functions of scheduling the Student Union facilities, including, but not limited to:
Development of scheduling policies and procedures and overseeing scheduling process.
Supervision of 4 Building Service Workers.
Supervision of Student Leads
- Training of student staff on operations of the building, customer service, emergency response, event management (including set-ups and tear-downs), and leadership.
- Manage student employee budget, overtime budget, and equipment repair/purchase budget in coordination with Executive Director.
- Assumes responsibility for the operation of the Student Union in the absence of the Executive Director, as required.
- Conduct annual assessment of building, programs, and services satisfaction. Prepare reports and make recommendations based on assessment results.
- Supervises or assists in the supervision of clerical staff and/or other assigned personnel.
- Monitor requests and enforce policies regarding event security, solicitation tables, table tents, banners, and activities throughout the Union, including but not limited to, food court, Union patios and outdoor areas
- Interpret, revise or propose policies for the use of the Student Union facilities. Assist students, faculty, staff, and community members by making day-to-day decisions regarding the Student Union facilities and services, policy interpretation and public relations activities.
- Represent the Student Union management staff on various decision-making campus-wide committees and represent the University on community committees and boards.
Qualifications/Minimum Education and Work Experience: Master’s degree in College Student Personnel, Higher Education Administration, or related field and/or program. Three – five (3-5) years of experience on a University campus, preferably in a Student Union or Campus Center. In addition, applicant must have:
- Demonstrated leadership, budgeting, organizational skills
- An understanding of student development theories and a willingness to spend evening and weekend hours with students and student groups
- Knowledge of college policies, disciplinary processes, and legal issues in higher education
- Demonstrated effectiveness and enthusiasm in working with a diverse student body, faculty, staff, and other constituencies
- Exceptional collaboration skills and ability to be effective engaging with all levels within the university
- Understanding of and sensitivity to the cultural, social and recreational needs of residential and commuter students from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Application Process: Online applications are accepted at https://jobs.uis.edu. Submit official graduate transcripts, resume, a letter of application describing qualifications and experience, and list of 3 – 5 references (with phone number & email addresses).