This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
College of DuPageLocation: Glen Ellyn, IL 60137 Document ID: AB206-1XR7 Posted on: 2017-08-2208/22/2017 Job Type: Part-time
Veterans Specialist Assistant (P/T), CPRN42210REC
Represent the College and provide informational presentations. Verify student information for educational benefits. Assist the Manager of Veteran Services to identify and organize potential and appropriate opportunities, events and activities in which to represent the College of DuPage. Assist veteran students with inquiries regarding veteran educational benefits. Assist the Manager with the student intake process and front line functions for the Veteran Services Office.
Duties of Position:
- Responsible to represent the College and its Veterans programs and activities at events and locations on campus and off-campus.
- Provide informational presentations to newly admitted students through individual and group methods either in person or via telephone, social media or other electronic mediums.
- Responsible for verification of student information as it pertains to veteran educational benefits while maintaining student privacy according to Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Responsible to track Student Affairs and other College events for potential appropriate participation of Veterans Services. This includes, but not limited to, recruiting events, community events and military service events.
- Assist the Manager of Veterans Services to organize and arrange for the scope of Veterans Services events, including but not limited to: date, location, facility requirements, provisions, AV needs, publicity materials, correspondence, as well as task, staff and volunteer work scheduling.
- Continuously monitor and update the Veterans Services section of the website and events calendar.
- Proficient in the use of software such as MS Office and online reservation tools.
- Serve students, staff and faculty regarding veterans student services.
- Serve as initial contact for veterans and military personnel at the front counter, by phone, and email.
- Serve student veterans with obtaining and maintain their veteran's education benefits.
- Assist the Manager of Veteran Services with processing benefit certifications.
- Review student files for missing or incorrectly completed documentation and communicate those deficiencies with students in order to accurately process education benefits.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Veterans Services.
Experience and Education:
EXPERIENCE: Proficient in written and spoken English. Excellent technology skills. One year related work experience.
EDUCATION: Associate's Degree in related field or combination of equivalent experience and education.
EXPERIENCE: One years' experience in military community activities. Three years' office experience in an academic environment with extensive public contact. Experience with veterans and their families.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Communication, Marketing or related field.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Computer, copier, printer, fax, multi-line telephone, imaging document software and calculator.
Must be able to lift materials up to 30 lbs. Must be able to walk distances and climb stairs with College of DuPage materials. Some evening and weekend hours required. Must have a valid Illinois driver's license. Busy office environment.
This position requires a background check at the expense of the college.
To apply please click here!