Elmhurst CollegeLocation: Elmhurst, IL 60126 Document ID: AB424-4ZVI Posted on: 2017-11-2011/20/2017 Job Type: Regular
Security Patrol Officer, Part-Time
Salary Grade S05
1. Performs proactive campus patrols to deter crime, responds to calls for service and to incidents, and documents incidents.
2. Prepares reports on incidents which occur, and work orders on maintenance needed.
3. Initiates emergency response procedures, and fulfill responsibilities in handling emergencies in accordance with department's emergency procedures.
4. Participates in accident/incident investigations.
5. Makes recommendations to the Patrol Supervisor on matters of policy and procedures regarding student and personnel protection, property protection, fire safety, emergency preparedness, access control, and parking and traffic control.
6. Maintains proficiency in dispatch duties, and performs the duties of dispatch staff as needed to cover breaks or open shifts.
7. Performs traffic control and parking enforcement duties, including writing tickets for parking violations, and reserving parking lots or spaces for guests and special events.
8. Performs crowd management and emergency response during special events.
9. Represents Elmhurst College in court appearances and during investigations by law enforcement agencies.
10. Maintains positive working relationships with campus personnel and local emergency responders.
11. Interacts in a calm, professional and cordial manner with members of the campus community, including students, staff and faculty, as well as visitors to campus.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
1. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Demonstrated sound mature judgment.
2. Ability to respond calmly and appropriately to emergencies.
3. Positive attitude.
4. Ability to work well with all publics.
5. Good oral and written communication skills.
6. Solid command of the English language, both verbally and in writing.
7. Minimum 3 years of police department or campus public safety experience.
8. Must have and maintain a valid driver's license in the state of permanent residence, and meet the qualifications for driving campus vehicles.
9. Must be able to obtain and maintain CPR and first aid certification.
10. Must be able to obtain and maintain any special training certifications required to carry and use typical security/law enforcement duty equipment, including any authorized defensive weapons (baton, pepper spray) or restraint devices.
11. Demonstrated experience with typical office computer applications.
1. Investigative experience.
2. Three years recent experience as a sworn law enforcement officer strongly preferred.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Employee is subject to both indoor and outdoor environmental conditions during all seasons and in all weather, for periods of over one hour, subject to hazards such as proximity to moving vehicles and machinery.
Position requires the ability to stand and walk unassisted for extended periods of time, to climb stairs and ladders for routine patrols and incident response and to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally in order to move objects. Must be able to lift 50 pounds. Must be able to climb four stories via stairs to respond promptly to emergencies.
Must be willing to work varying shifts to include nights, weekends and holidays, and to work overtime as required. Schedules are based on department needs, and are at the discretion of the Patrol Supervisor.
Variable. Evening, weekend and holiday availability is required. 500-1000 hours annually.
Posting Date 12/15/2016
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Elmhurst College is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce.
Direct Link to this Posting http://elmhurst.simplehire.com/postings/470
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
|More Jobs from Elmhurst College|