This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
Elmhurst CollegeLocation: Elmhurst, IL 60126 Document ID: AB424-4ZVF Posted on: 2017-12-1112/11/2017 Job Type: Regular
Executive Director Human Resources
Salary Grade A17
Compensation and Benefit Administration:
1. Administers salary adjustment process within prescribed budgetary guidelines.
2. Coordinates and maintains position classification and pay rate system.
3. Develops the compensation portion of the annual budget, including distribution of departmental budgeted compensation summaries.
4. Develops and administers Human Resources and benefit policies and programs including the following:
Development and maintenance of benefit materials.
Communication of benefit changes to employees.
Interpretation of benefits.
Benefits review and research with recommendations to management.
5. Develops salary and benefit cost analysis and projections for each ensuing budget year.
6. Directs staff in enrollment of employees in the various insured benefits programs, processing of insured claims and premium payments.
7. Completes salary and benefit surveys, such as IPEDS , CUPA , AAUP , DOL and other studies and reports.
8. Initiates salary, policy and benefit surveys pertinent to current concerns.
1. Maintains responsibility for the recruiting, interviewing and, when appropriate, testing of applicants for support staff and selected administrative positions.
2. Offers hourly and administrative positions.
3. Directs staff in follow up with declination or placement procedure including appropriate orientation for new employees.
EEO and Diversity Administration:
1. Maintains responsibility for developing programs to ensure hiring and retention of minority staff and training of current staff in College policies as well as diversity-related matters associated with workforce development, under the provisions of the Strategic Plan.
2. Conducts or assists in the conduct of investigations under the College's non-harassment, non-discrimination policy and other policies emerging from federal of state laws.
Recordkeeping and HRIS :
1. Surveys, creates, develops and organizes record keeping systems and concepts for enhancement to our current programs and procedures.
2. Ensures full and efficient use of Colleague in Human Resources recordkeeping and continually enhance HRIS support campus-wide.
3. Maintains Up-To-Date Position Description and Staffing Data Bases.
1. Establishes and maintains human resource development and wellness programs including formal training and staff development activities. Focus on development and support for managers.
2. Provides information and/or functions as liaison between the College attorney or outside agency relative to employment related suits, claims and questions.
1. Acts as employee relations officer, manage dispute resolution, appeal and grievance procedures.
2. Counsels employees regarding workplace issues and conflicts. Counsel and assist managers with progressive discipline and employee terminations.
1. Maintains knowledge of federal and state regulatory requirements, advises senior management, and ensures College compliance in implementation and reporting.
2. Recommends, develops, maintains and publishes Human Resources policies and procedures.
3. Develops, maintains and publishes employee handbooks, and other communication.
Title IX Coordination:
1. Acts as backup to Title IX Coordinator and serves as Title IX Deputy.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
1. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Requires ten or more years of experience in technical Human Resources work, preferably in an educational setting.
2. Master's Degree in Human Resources administration or related field.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Employee is subject to indoor work, protected from weather conditions. Work is sedentary in nature and involves exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently/constantly in order to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move object.
Posting Date 06/28/2017
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please provide 3 references, including name, phone number and email. This may be included in applicant's cover letter or optional "other" document.
Elmhurst College, an equal opportunity employer, seeks candidates with demonstrated ability to contribute positively to a multicultural campus community.
Direct Link to this Posting http://elmhurst.simplehire.com/postings/549
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
|More Jobs from Elmhurst College|