This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
University of Illinois at ChicagoLocation: Chicago, IL 60607 Document ID: AC061-2XK2 Posted on: 2018-02-1402/14/2018 Job Type: Regular
|Salary: $75000 -- $85000|
Associate Dean of Students
Associate Dean of Students, Office of the Dean of Students
The Office of the Dean of Students is seeking applicants for the position of the Associate Dean of Students. This position manages several student affairs functional areas in the Office of the Dean of Students including the student assistance service, student advocacy, student legal service, and student veteran affairs. The Associate Dean serves as a representative for the Office of the Dean of Students with several internal and external constituencies. The Associate Dean assists the Associate Vice Chancellor/Dean of Students (AVCSA) with the management and operational functions of the units reporting to the AVCSA.
- Initiate programs and services to support the general welfare of students.
- Provide strategic direction and goal setting for several functional areas in the Office of the Dean of Students (DOS).
- Develop opportunities for student learning experiences through educational programs, outreach activities, and student and staff training experiences.
- Supervise the student ombuds, student advocacy, student veteran affairs, and student legal services.
- Develop and recommend policies related to student issues and concerns to the AVCSA.
- Serve as campus consultant with various administrative and academic units to address student issues and concerns.
- Provide crisis intervention efforts on behalf of students.
- Assist with the coordination of the University's compliance efforts related to federal, state, and local legislation that impacts students.
- Coordinate the development of electronic and printed media for DOS including website updates and the publication of the Student Handbook.
- Assist the AVCSA with financial management, human resource issues, and operational concerns for the DOS units that report to the Associate Vice Chancellor/Dean of Students.
- Represent the Dean as needed (campus demonstrations, committees/meetings, university functions).
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
The position is a full time, academic professional position. Applicants must possess a Master's degree in higher education, student affairs administration, or a related field required. A Doctoral degree in higher education, student affairs administration, or a related field is preferred. Five to seven years of work experience in student affairs which includes managerial/supervisory experiences. Experience with conflict resolution, student conduct, problem-solving, crisis intervention, advising student groups, policy development, fiscal management, and strategic planning. Strong communication skills, conflict mediation skills, and leadership skills are required. Active participation in professional organizations and professional activities. Must possess a strong interest in serving students effectively including advocacy efforts and outreach activities.
For fullest consideration please submit application materials online at https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=90858&job=associate-dean-of-students-office-of-the-dean-of-students by March 23, 2018.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois at Chicago may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.