This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Parkland CollegeLocation: Champaign, IL 61821 Document ID: AB516-5195 Posted on: 2018-01-0401/04/2018 Job Type: Regular
Will not pay relocation expenses
Minimum Education: Masters2018-02-03
Microbiology Tenure-Track Faculty
Tenure-Track Faculty teach a full-time load as per the Parkland Academic Employees (PAE) bargaining agreement. They advise and mentor students, and participate in governance of their departments and the college.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides classroom instruction in accordance with the stated philosophy, objectives, and established course outlines of the college and department.
- Informs students of course regulations, evaluation procedures, and other information pertinent to the course; prepares a course syllabus for each course and distributes it early in each term.
- Is available for student advising/mentoring.
- Maintains regular office hours to ensure availability for student consultation; provides assistance to students in a timely manner.
- Maintains accurate scholastic records of students; submits required reports on student progress according to published deadlines.
- Works closely with department chair to design, maintain, and updated course curriculum and materials for assigned courses.
- Performs professional duties in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the college and department.
- Participates in departmental governance, including curriculum development, instructional materials selection, and academic assessment.
- Participates in college-wide shared governance, including Parkland College Association (PCA) Senate, its committees, administrative committees, and accreditation committees.
- Participates in student recruitment and retention efforts.
- Participates in professional development activities related to discipline knowledge and/or teaching skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the department chair.
- Master's degree in Microbiology or related field and eighteen (18) graduate hours in the subject area. (Degree must be completed by May 2018)
- Applicant must pass a criminal background check with finger printing.
- Ability to learn the Parkland information system and new programs as technology changes.