This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
SIU FoundationLocation: Carbondale, IL 62901 Document ID: AC435-6UFA Posted on: 2018-11-0811/08/2018 Job Type: Regular
Will pay relocation expenses
Associate Director for Development
Southern Illinois University Carbondale invites applications and nominations for positions of Associate Director for Development (Director of Development, SIU Foundation). This position is responsible for a portfolio of major gift prospects and is expected to identify, cultivate and solicit private financial support from alumni and friends of Southern Illinois University. These front-line fundraising positions may be assigned to specific collegiate units, programs, or regions. Successful candidates will be members of the University Development Staff and will report to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Development and Alumni Relations. Extensive travel, including nights and weekends, required.
- Orchestrate and execute the advancement of relationships with prospective donors through appropriate stages of qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardshipculminating in private philanthropic support.
- In consultation with the Vice Chancellor of Development and Alumni Relations, the Associate Vice Chancellor (AVC) and Unit head (if applicable), identify and establish personal contact with current and prospective major gift donors whose interest and financial capacity have the greatest likelihood of meeting the Unit and University fundraising goals. • Secure $500,000+ annually in new gifts and commitments for SIU. Conduct 80-150 documented face to face personal visits per year, qualifying 40-60 new major gift prospects annually, submitting 10-20 major proposals/year. Manage a portfolio of 75-120 prospects. • Collaborate with appropriate development and academic staff to develop prospect strategies and build relationships.
- Set specific goals and objectives to effectively advance toward solicitation of major gifts.
- Develop a working knowledge of planned giving and develop strategies for appropriate solicitation of planned gifts.
- Become familiar with and understand key initiatives of the university (and specific unit if applicable) relating to faculty, students, instruction and research. Prepare proposals and gift agreements as required for proper gift documentation. Ensure effective records maintenance, including timely filing of requests for prospect assignments, prospect strategies and contact reports using SIU Foundation’s prospect management system (Advance).
- Provide stewardship of gifts including acknowledgment process, coordinating recognition events, dedications, and working with the University Development Office on appropriate recognition.
- Report regularly on the progress toward annual action plans. Specific annual metrics and goals will be established at the beginning of each FY. Participate in monthly one-on-one meetings, a mid-year performance discussion and a performance evaluation with the AVC of Development and Unit head (if applicable). Protects confidential information.
- Other duties as assigned by the AVC for Development and Alumni Relations.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of two years' successful professional experience in fundraising or related non-profit organization work, alumni relations, PR/Marketing, or closely-related field. A bachelor's or master's degree in nonprofit management or closely-related subject may be substituted for the two years of experience. Must have a valid driver's license.
Professional fundraising experience in higher education, health-care or other non-profit organization.
Apply online: Here