This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
University of DelawareLocation: Newark, DE 19702 Document ID: AA394-2AAG Posted on: 2018-05-1105/11/2018 Job Type: Regular
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Pay Grade: 32E
CONTEXT OF JOB:
The University of Delaware, College of Health Science's academic health center, STAR Health , offers comprehensive, interdisciplinary care to the community within the context of cutting-edge research and education. The UD Nurse Managed Primary Care Center is expanding its services to include the provision of mental health care. The psychiatric nurse practitioner will provide care to diverse clientele within and outside of the university community. The psychiatric nurse practitioner will be responsible for developing the integrated behavioral health care model in collaboration with primary care nurse practitioners and other members of the Nurse Managed Primary Care Center team.
(1) provides psychiatric evaluation, prescription for medication, and medication management;
(2) provides consultation to other clinical staff on mental health diagnosis and treatment;
(3) provides short-term individual and group counseling and therapy;
(4) ensures seamless referrals to long-term counseling and therapy as appropriate;
(5) develops comprehensive, integrated care plans in coordination with primary care providers;
(6) develops integrated behavioral and primary care model in collaboration with primary care (adult and family) nurse practitioners and other members of the Nurse Managed Primary Care Center team;
(7) develops experiential learning opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students related to the provision of mental health care in a primary care setting;
(8) may develop and coordinate off-site provision of psychiatric nursing care with partnering community organizations.
EDUCATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate an appreciation of multi-disciplinary collaboration in an academic setting, understanding and commitment to diversity issues, and excellent communication skills.
- Master's degree and credentialing as a psychiatric nurse practitioner or psychiatric clinical nurse specialist with prescriptive
authority. and three to five years of related experience.
- Currently licensed or licensure eligible as an advanced practice nurse in Delaware; holds or is eligible for prescriptive authority in Delaware.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills; effective group facilitation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Basic knowledge of computer software, e.g. Word, Excel; Experience working with Health Information Technology such as Electronic medical record (EMR) or patient registry.
- Ability to develop and edit written materials and other audiovisual aides.
- Ability to organize tasks and space.
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple responsibilities effectively; ability to be flexible and work under pressure.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS FOR POSITION WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Occasional stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Requires occasional lifting or carrying up to 50 lbs., pushing/pulling up to 150 lbs.
- Continuous need for speaking and clear diction as well as hearing sensitivity, and visual acuity.
- Some exposure to blood borne pathogens and hazardous cleaning chemicals.
- Availability to take off hours professional calls as needed.
For additional details on job responsibilities and qualifications please go online to http://www.udel.edu/chs/jobs/ .
GENERAL INFORMATION: The School of Nursing ( http://www.udel.edu/nursing/ ) is a thriving academic unit of 36 faculty, approximately 725 undergraduate students and 180 graduate students. Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, the School offers dynamic BSN, MSN and PhD programs. An on campus Nurse Managed Health Center, offering occupational, employee and primary health care, supports the academic, research and service mission.
The School is part of the College of Health Sciences, which also includes the Departments of Behavioral Health and Nutrition, Kinesiology and Applied Physiology, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Speech-Language Pathology, and Physical Therapy. The College has just opened an exciting new clinical research facility on the University's Science, Technology, and Advanced Research (STAR) campus in one of the nation's leading life science regions. The STAR Campus is home to our Nurse Managed Primary Care Center.
Founded in 1743, the University of Delaware combines tradition and innovation, offering students a rich heritage along with the latest in instructional and research technology. Located in scenic Newark, Delaware, within 2 hours of New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C., the University is a Land Grant, Sea Grant, Space Grant, and Carnegie Research University A state-assisted, privately governed institution, the University enrolls approximately 17,000 undergraduates and 4,000 graduate students.
REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS: Applicants should include a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references (all in one pdf file) for uploading at http://www.udel.edu/udjobs/. The letter of application and CV will be shared with the search committee. For inquiries, contact: Sarah LaFave, Search Committee Chair, phone 302-831-8375, email@example.com .
Equal Employment Opportunity
Employment offers will be conditioned upon successful completion of a criminal background check. A conviction will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
To apply please click here!
|More Jobs from University of Delaware|