This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
University of DelawareLocation: Newark, DE 19702 Document ID: AA394-2ABD Posted on: 2018-02-1702/17/2018 Job Type: Regular
Grant Writer - College of Health Sciences
Deadline: Open until Filled
Context of the Job:
The College of Health Sciences seeks an experienced professional to join its team as a Grant Writer. The individual selected will identify, define, and develop funding sources to support existing and planned program activities as well as coordinate the development, writing, and submission of grant proposals to third-party entities. The position is also responsible for collecting, analyzing, and reporting data on the performance of program activities that are funded by third-party public and private sources. Position reports to the Associate Dean for Research.
- Researches and identifies new government, corporate, foundations and private funding opportunities.
- Generates proposals and supporting documents in response to solicitations.
- Generates revenue for programs and services through timely submission of thoroughly researched, well written and well-documented grant/fund-raising proposals.
- Writes reports to government, corporate, foundations and other funders.
- Engages with program officers at organizations to solicit invitations to submit proposals.
- Assists faculty and other principal investigators with proposal editing.
- Provides support for large center/program project proposals as needed.
- Other duties as required.
Required: Bachelor's degree and minimum of three years of experience in related discipline with a proven track record in grant writing and program development. Master's or doctorate strongly preferred. Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be proficient in research, interpretation, and data analysis with the ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve stated goals.
Successful candidates should possess excellent writing and computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite), and database management skills. The candidate must be flexible, work respectfully and effectively with others, have strong organizational skills with the ability to implement systems and follow-up processes, able to effectively work under time constraints, use independent judgment and produce a quality work product under tight deadlines. Previous experience will demonstrate: 1) a proven track record in securing new funding opportunities, 2) comprehensive knowledge of research, and 3) the ability to distinguish and identify funding opportunities for special programs
Equal Employment Opportunity
Employment offers will be conditioned upon successful completion of a criminal background check. A conviction will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
To apply please click here!
|More Jobs from University of Delaware|