This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
University of DelawareLocation: Newark, DE 19702 Document ID: AC375-0G3O Posted on: 2019-02-1802/18/2019 Job Type: Regular
Assistant Director of Admissions: Visit Experience Coordinator
DEADLINE: Open until Filled
Context of the Job
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions receives approximately 30,000 freshman and transfer applications per year, hosts on-campus and off-campus recruitment events, and maintains a prospect list of more than 300,000 prospective students globally. The department is an essential tool in helping the University achieve its strategic goals with regard to the number and characteristics of the students who enroll.
The Assistant Director is responsible for the development and implementation of campus visit programs that showcase the University of Delaware as a global leader in higher education, demonstrating the basis of its strong ranking among the world's great research universities and state flagships. Under the direction and collaborative support of the Associate Director, the Assistant Director is responsible for the ongoing development and delivery of a compelling and consistent program and message to our visitors prior to, during, and following the visit experience.
The Assistant Director is responsible for supporting several hundred visit programs over the course of a recruitment year, including daily visits, special group visits, and multiple special events including open house programs for prospects and admitted students. A major aspect of the visit programs are the campus tour guides, the Blue Hen Ambassadors, who are hired, developed and supervised by the assistant director. The assistant director will engage an innovative strategy that keeps the UD tour program on the cutting edge of visitor experiences.
As with other assistant directors in the Office of Admissions, the Assistant Director is an admissions officer who provides counseling and support to individuals interested in attending the University. The Assistant Director interacts with students and families, reviews student credentials and makes admission recommendations, and supports the general work of the department. The Assistant Director may occasionally visit schools and manage a small travel territory.
- Establish a yearly calendar of dates and times for optimal daily visitation experiences for prospective and admitted students and their families, as well as group visits and transfer admissions sessions.
- Recruit and hire new student tour guides based on the needs of the program and the goals laid out in the strategic plan.
- Develop an effective training and evaluation program for new and veteran tour guides.
- Mentor and advise the student tour guide program in order to develop and maintain tour performance, various professional development skillsets, and camaraderie in the program.
- Coordinate logistics for all visitation programming, including reserving rooms, coordinating with catering, etc.
- Manage the day-to-day of visitation programming execution.
- Create and regularly evaluate the tour routes and tour consistency.
- Analyze survey responses and programming trends to continually enhance and strengthen the University of Delaware visitor experience.
- Work with the admissions marketing and communications team to develop a communication plan for participants in campus visits (prospective, admitted, transfer, group, etc.).
- Collaborate with college units in order to coordinate their programming with experiences offered by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Collaborate with campus units for tour guide training.
- Work with Residence Life & Housing to coordinate residence hall showings.
- Provide support to the University Visitors Center Front Desk staff and reception area.
- Maintain a small recruitment territory and application file reading load.
- Perform roles related to admissions counseling - presenting, answering emails, connecting with school counselors read applications, visit high schools and participate in college fairs.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and three years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Event planning experience preferred.
- Experience with and knowledge of college student affairs, student development, and student programming and mentorship.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Attention to details is a must.
- Creative and innovative problem solver and developer.
- Experience with the coordination and implementation of campus visit programs is preferred.
- Ability to be proactive and reactive to situations during a campus visit and with the student tour guides.
- Effective written and oral communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and as a team member to achieve common goals, and to exercise sound judgment.
- Knowledge and understanding of higher education.
- Experience with Slate or another CRM or tour scheduling program is preferred.
- Evening and weekend availability on a regular basis.
- A valid driver's license is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
To apply please click here!
|More Jobs from University of Delaware|