This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
University of DelawareLocation: Newark, DE 19702 Document ID: AC433-0IFY Posted on: 2018-12-1512/15/2018 Job Type: Regular
DEADLINE: Open until Filled
CONTEXT OF JOB:
The Admissions Department receives approximately 25,000 freshman and transfer applications per year, hosts on-campus and off-campus recruitment events, and maintains a prospect list of over 185,000 prospective students nationwide.
Under general direction of the Deputy Director, the Admissions Counselor delivers on-campus and off-campus admissions programs, reviews freshman and transfer applications for undergraduate admission, networks and builds relationship between high school counselors, prospective students, and parents.
- Advise students and families regarding educational opportunities and options, admission and other requirements, policies and procedures, transfer of credit, and financial assistance, as appropriate.
- Serve as a member of the Admissions Committee, including the regional committee that reviews applications from the counselor's assigned travel territory.
- Network and develop collaborative relationships with assigned high schools. Speak to groups and individual students, and meet with school officials to develop partnerships between the University and other institutions throughout an assigned geographic region. Serve as the primary contact and reader of applications for admission from students who attend those high schools.
- Represent the University of Delaware Admissions Office at evening college fairs, college nights, and admissions panels. Host off-campus receptions for prospective students and parents, and for high school guidance counselors.
- Cultivate position UD relationships with prospective students and their parents. Maintain communication via telephone, correspondence, and/or electronic mail with prospective students through all stages of the recruitment and admission process. Maintain contact and trains alumni supporters to represent the University at College Fairs.
- Develop and deliver on-campus information sessions, including some Saturday and Sunday sessions. Interview prospective students and candidates for admission. Participate and provide support to UD colleges in their on-campus recruitment programs and yield activities.
- Facilitate and coordinate one or more of the office's major on-going projects (such as transfer admission, international student admission, admissions publications and marketing, information systems and data analysis, the Volunteer Admissions Support Team, the Visitors Center, the Blue Hen Ambassador program, Delaworld (orientation), on-campus recruitment programs, off-campus recruitment programs. May include supervising student employees.
- Conducts admissions recruitment travel through college nights/fairs and area receptions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and one to two years of direct or related experience.
- Experience in a college admissions and financial aid office preferred.
- Experience in a college academic advisement position, as a secondary school guidance counselor or teacher preferred.
- Effective written and oral communication and organizational skills. Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish is desirable. Ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of student recruitment, retention issues and admissions standards. Interest and knowledge in issues relating to transfer student populations preferred.
- Knowledge of academic admissions policies, procedures, systems, regulations, and standards.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently as a team member to achieve common goals. Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Proficient computer skills and use of presentation software.
Some weekend and evening work required. Valid driver's license and regular access to private reliable means of transportation. During the spring and fall, position will require travel, weekends and extended hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
To apply please click here!
|More Jobs from University of Delaware|