This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Association of Governing Boards of UniversitiesLocation: Washington, DC 20036 Document ID: A7024-0NCW Posted on: 2013-01-1801/18/2013 Job Type: Regular
Will not pay relocation expenses
Director of Special Programs
The director of special programs is an integral part of the overall efforts of the Association of Governing Boards to provide high quality programs and services to its members’ trustees and senior administrators. This new position is essential to advancing the new AGB strategic plan that calls for expanded and targeted programs for specific higher education sectors and sub-sectors. The director is responsible for developing and delivering targeted, innovative programs, services, and projects to specific subsets of institutions with an initial focus on Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and small independent non-profit colleges and universities. The director reports to the vice president of governance and leadership programs.
- Develop new programs, offerings, and services targeting independent non-profit colleges and Historically Black Colleges and Universities (both public and independent). Determine needs and identify topics, set and coordinate the programmatic agenda in conjunction with senior AGB staff.
- Stay current on issues, challenges, and opportunities facing higher education, especially HBCUs and independent non-profit colleges and universities. Develop in-depth understanding of the needs of their boards and executive leaders.
- Work with expert speakers, facilitators, and consultants prior to events and on-site/online to ensure successful programs, and coordinate assessment to ensure consistent improvement.
- Assume responsibility for budget development and oversight related to new programs and services in these targeted areas
- Establish and maintain effective relationships and communication with AGB members, especially within the HBCU community and independent non-profit colleges.
- Work with AGB marketing and publication staff to develop promotional plans and oversee implementation as well as on the development of appropriate content and resources.
- Collaborate with AGB development staff to secure external support for specific programs and services related to these target areas.
- Work with Programs and Research department staff, AGB’s registrar, director of conferences and events, and other department staff, to ensure successful programs, including all steps from planning to assessment.
- Plan and manage webinars as part of programming responsibilities.
- Participate actively in the planning and implementation of other AGB meetings beyond the scope of these two areas of membership, as needed.
- Participate in regular staff meetings on the strategic directions of the Programs and Research department.
- Assist in advancing the major initiatives of the association’s strategic plan, with special emphasis on new, targeted, and expanded program offerings.
- Maintain and contribute positively to a working environment marked by collegiality, open and candid discussion, and active collaboration with AGB colleagues
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits. Congenial work environment. Send cover letter, salary history and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by fax to 202-223-7053. No telephone calls please! EOE/AA/Disabled/V.