This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
University of ConnecticutLocation: Storrs Mansfield, CT 06269 Document ID: AA474-0E45 Posted on: 2018-02-1202/12/2018 Job Type: Temporary
Asst or Assoc Clinical Professor REVISED/REPOSTED
The School of Nursing at the University of Connecticut invites applications to fill a 9-month, non-tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant Clinical Professor or Associate Clinical Professor level. Candidates with clinical and teaching expertise in medical/surgical acute care nursing are especially encouraged to apply, but applicants from all nursing specialties will be considered.
The University of Connecticut (UConn) is entering a transformational period of growth supported by the $1.7B Next Generation Connecticut ( http://nextgenct.uconn.edu/ ) and the $1B Bioscience Connecticut ( http://biosciencect.uchc.edu/ ) investments and a bold new Academic Plan: Path to Excellence ( http://issuu.com/uconnprovost/docs/academic-plan-single-hi-optimized_1 ). We are pleased to continue these investments by inviting applications for a faculty position in the School of Nursing.
Under the direction of the Dean of the School of Nursing, the faculty member will have the following responsibilities: teaching undergraduate and graduate courses on the Storrs campus; supervising students in clinical work; apprising students of their clinical performance on a regular basis; conducting evaluation of individual students' clinical performance via impromptu meetings and planned evaluation conferences; evaluating students' written work; participating in campus laboratory teaching experiences.
The successful candidate will share a deep commitment to effective instruction and will also be expected to assist the University in its efforts to broaden participation among members of under-represented groups, to demonstrate through teaching, research/scholarship, and/or public engagement richness of diversity in the learning experience, to integrate multicultural experiences into instructional methods and research tools, and to provide leadership in developing pedagogical techniques designed to meet the needs of diverse learning styles and intellectual interests.
For all appointment levels:
- Doctorate in Nursing or related field by the date of hire (equivalent foreign degrees are acceptable);
- Previous teaching experience in an institution of higher education;
- Current Connecticut RN license (valid as of date of hire);
- Three years of practice experience as an RN;
- Completion of required health indicators (MMR titers, TB status, Hepatitis B, and others as required by clinical agencies) and CPR certification at the time of employment;
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal relationship strategies.
For appointment as Associate Professor:
- Substantial experience teaching nursing in an institution of higher education, with documented positive student evaluations;
- Evidence of scholarship or research commensurate with appointment at the Associate Professor level.
- Three years of practice experience as a medical-surgical RN;
- Certification as a medical-surgical registered nurse (CMSRN);
- Record of scholarly productivity;
- Certified Nurse Educator (CNE);
- Experience working with students in an accelerated program;
- Experience integrating technology into instruction and/or conducting on-line instruction;
- Demonstrated ability to contribute through scholarship, teaching, and /or public engagement to the diversity and excellence of the learning experience.
This is a 9-month, non-tenure track position initially subject to annual renewal based on program needs, funding, and performance. Non-tenure track positions may eventually lead to multi-year appointments. Rank and compensation package will be commensurate with background, qualifications, and experience. The successful candidate's primary appointment will be at the Storrs campus with the possibility of work at UConn's regional campuses across the state. The anticipated start date is August, 2018.
Select "Apply Now" to be redirected to Academic Jobs Online to complete your application. Please submit the following and include your last name as well as Search #2017234 in the document title for each document submitted:
- Cover letter specifically addressing your credentials relative to the minimum and preferred qualifications listed above
- Curriculum vitae
- One-page teaching statement
- One-page research/scholarship statement
- One-page commitment to diversity statement (as related to broadening participation, integrating multicultural experiences in instruction and research, and pedagogical techniques to meet the needs of diverse learning styles, etc.)
- Additionally, please follow the instructions in Academic Jobs Online to direct five reference writers to submit letters of reference on your behalf.
Evaluation of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon satisfactory completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search # 2017234)
Inquiries other than applications can be directed to:
Dr. Stephen Walsh, Recruitment Committee Chair
School of Nursing
University of Connecticut
231 Glenbrook Rd. (U-4032)
Storrs, CT 06269-4032
For more information regarding the School of Nursing please visit the school's website at http://nursing.uconn.edu/ .
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp .
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University's teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn's ranking as one of the nation's top research universities. UConn's faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
To apply please click here!
|More Jobs from University of Connecticut|