This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Central Connecticut State UniversityLocation: New Britain, CT 06050 Document ID: AC505-49LP Posted on: 2018-12-2412/24/2018 Job Type: Regular
VETERANS AFFAIRS: VETERAN RETENTION ASSISTANT
Central Connecticut State University invites applications for a full-time, Veterans Retention Assistant in the Veteran’s Affairs Department. The successful candidate will assist the Veteran’s Affairs Coordinator with facilitating the transition, retention and delivery of services to student veterans, reservists, and National Guard members. Candidates are expected to be committed to multiculturalism and working with a diverse student body.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years’ experience working with student veterans
- Demonstrated proficiency in oral, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to serving a diverse student body
Credentials and/or experience substantially comparable to the above may be considered.
- Three years’ experience in a college or university environment
- One (1) year of experience advising/assisting veteran and military students in one or more of the following: admissions, billing, financial aid, and/or providing similar support in an educational setting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience working with a student information system (SIS), e.g., Banner, Jenzabar, Oracle
For full consideration, applications must be received by January 11, 2019. Salary is commensurate with education and experience; minimum salary is $43,360.
For more information and application instructions go to: https://hrat.ccsu.edu/default.php click on Apply Now.
Central Connecticut State University is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.