This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Front Range Community College - Westminster, COLocation: Westminster, CO 80526 Document ID: AC295-4XEY Posted on: 2018-08-0208/02/2018 Job Type: Regular
Minimum Education: Bachelors2018-09-01
Student Success Technology Manager
Front Range Community College (FRCC) is the largest community college in Colorado, enrolling close to 30,000 credit students annually. FRCC is one of 30 colleges in the AACC Pathways project, was recently selected as a Most Promising Place to Work in Diverse Magazine and was profiled as one of 6 top community colleges for transfer student success in a recent Aspen Institute publication. The college has a detailed strategic plan focused on improving student graduation and transfer rates, a strong assessment program, and invests heavily in professional development for staff and faculty including a college-wide leadership program, Roadmap to Achievement. The college has a strong commitment to equity and actively works to create inclusive communities. For more information, visit www.frontrange.edu. The college has a clear vision outlined in its strategic plan, VISION 2020.
FRCC is committed to diversity and inclusion and is intentional about creating a learning and working environment that recognizes the value of individual and group differences. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and encourage inquiries from applicants who will contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our college. FRCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, religion, or national origin in employment or in our educational programs and activities.
SELECTION PROCESS: Position will remain open until filled with a priority deadline of August 16th, 2018.
Please apply on our Front Range Community College career portal using this link:
Preliminary screening will be made on the basis of completed application package submitted by candidate. Completed application package includes:
- A letter of interest of no more than five pages, addressing in general the items under "Primary Duties" and specifically each item under "Required Education" and "Required Experience";
- An eForm application; Complete in its entirety, don't use see resume.
- A resume.
All candidates, including current Front Range Community College employees must submit a complete application packet which includes all material listed above. Only completed application packets will move forward for screening. Please review the job duties and minimum requirements carefully. It is your responsibility to demonstrate on your application that you meet all of the minimum requirements listed above to be considered. Failure to do so will result in your application being rejected. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a particular position does not assure the applicant an interview. Selected applicants will be invited by the screening committee for interviews. All application materials become the property of Front Range Community College and cannot be copied. FRCC will conduct a criminal background check on selected candidate. Employment offers and continued employment are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report. An education verification will also be conducted on selected candidate.
SALARY: Mid to Upper 50's annually
The Student Success Technology Manager will provide the technological expertise necessary to effectively implement the Student Success and Pathways initiatives as outlined in the Title III Strengthening Institutions Grant. Most importantly, this position will coordinate effective implementation of Educational Advisory Board (EAB) Campus and Navigate for student onboarding and advising case management, including integration with Degree Works and other existing systems. The Student Success Technology Manager will train students, faculty, advisors, admissions and outreach teams, and other staff in implementing the new technology. This position will need to assess the particular needs of students and each staff team, measure progress, manage risks proactively, achieve effective integration of all third party tools and be able to leverage the technology to fit with the overall vision of the student success work at Front Range Community College. This position may be expected to manage multiple concurrent and complex technology projects and ensure integration of these efforts. This position will work directly with the Title III Advisory committee to ensure that activity strategies are implemented and benchmarks are achieved on time.
This position will be expected to work directly with the Colorado Community College System staff and key leaders across the college and work collaboratively with both academic and student affairs departments. This position requires a person who is self-motivated, takes initiative, enjoys learning new skills and technologies, can navigate complex relationships, and is able to effectively collaborate with college staff to manage complex projects.
Significant travel to the different FRCC campuses and rare evening hours required. This position is funded through the Title III Strengthening Institution Grant, but will be fully institutionalized by Fall, 2022.
- Coordinate effective implementation of EAB Campus and Navigate, including effective integration with Degree Check and other existing software, in support of Front Range Community College’s student success needs. Manage the technology project plan, including project details, deliverables, schedules, tasks, and assignments. Coordinate with all user groups and partner with EAB and System work leads
- Provide technical support and expertise to EAB users across the college. Provide technical troubleshooting, integrating existing systems and services into the EAB architecture. Provide support for upgrades, data migrations, trouble shooting performance and product related issues. Ensure that communication strategies interface effectively with other student success technology systems. Understand the technical intricacies of EAB Campus and Navigate related to Degree Works, Innovative Educators technology and other third party solutions.
- Develop and deliver training opportunities for EAB Campus and Navigate, Degree Check, and other third-party technology projects for students, faculty, and staff college-wide as appropriate.
- Coordinate identification, design, and implementation of other relevant technology to support student success initiatives. This includes both technical oversight and content development. In particular, this position is responsible for ensuring an effective onboarding experience and academic plan navigation experience for all students with the ultimate goal of student retention and timely completion.
- Collaborate significantly with the all student affairs departments including Academic Advising, Testing, and Admissions and Outreach teams on each campus and online to implement student success technologies.
Coordinate relevant college-wide student communications sent through FRCC’s mass communication systems. As part of this work, the Student Success Technology Manager will participate in and work closely with the FRCC Student Communications Team, Marketing, and online onboarding coordinator.
- Create quarterly reports of progress and obstacles to communicate progress on the activities as outlined in the Title III Strengthening Institutions, Building Pathways: From Connection to Completion grant
- Back-up for Director of Student Success Technology and Communication as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- A minimum of five years administering software or technology programs. This can include: coordination/project management, technology programs, or other leadership experience.
- Superior project management and collaboration skills within complex technology projects and initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience managing scope and time for complex, highly visible projects.
- Demonstrated track record focusing on user experience and effective service outcomes.
- Strong aptitude for learning new tools and technologies. Ability to bring focus in situations of complexity and ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to listen effectively, identify critical paths quickly, and adjust plans and approach as necessary.
- Ability to talk about complex technical concepts and functionalities with non-technical audiences.
- Ability to coach, teach, and train colleagues to move into integrating new technologies.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to function effectively as part of a distributed team, working effectively as an individual contributor, team member, and as a manager of a complex project and project resources.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Familiarity with EAB Navigate and Campus, Degree Check, and/or other similar educational technologies.
- Experience working with committees and departments within a large organization
Welcome to Front Range Community College, where you come for the students, but stay for the people!
Front Range Community College, as required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), has compiled a comprehensive Campus Security Report. This report includes information about crime statistics from the previous three years, campus security policies as well as prevention programs. Information pertaining to the Boulder County, Larimer and Westminster campuses as well as the Brighton Center are also made available in this report. Published annually, this report can be found on the Front Range Community College web site under campus locations or by following this link. http://www.frontrange.edu/About-Us/Campus-Locations/Campus-Security-Report.aspx . A paper copy is also available upon request by contacting the Campus Security Office at the Boulder County Campus, the Larimer Campus or the Westminster Campus.
Westminster, Colorado, United States