Santa Rosa Junior CollegeLocation: Santa Rosa, CA 95401 Document ID: AC393-4TZ8 Posted on: 2019-02-1602/16/2019 Job Type: Regular
FACULTY (ADJUNCT) - ADMINISTRATION OF JUSTICE: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
FACULTY (ADJUNCT) - ADMINISTRATION OF JUSTICE: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
Santa Rosa Junior College
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Adjunct
Location: SRJC Public Safety Training Center: 5743 Skylane Blvd, Windsor, California
Department: Department Public Safety
Santa Rosa Junior College is currently accepting applications to establish a pool for adjunct teaching assignments. Adjunct teaching assignments may be temporary, part-time and/or on-call and may be immediate or as needed. This job posting is not for a specific assignment or for a full-time faculty position.
Candidates selected for the pool and offered an assignment must be located near enough to the District or plan on moving near the District to accept part-time, substitute or emergency assignments. Candidates who are recommended for the pool after committee interviews will only be added to the pool for disciplines interviewed and qualified for (not necessarily all disciplines included in this job posting where multiple disciplines are listed). Assignments could involve full or partial assignment at any of the District's sites or off-campus locations, and could involve any combination of day or evening classes, with office hours being mandatory.
Applications are accepted for adjunct faculty pools on a continuous basis. If the department has an immediate need to add candidates to their pool, they will review applications. If the department does not have an immediate need to add candidates to their pool, all applications will remain on file until the need arises or up to one year. If selected for interview, candidates will be invited to interview with a Screening Committee. The Screening Committee may include representatives from the Faculty, the Administration, the Classified Staff, the Associated Students, and the Board of Trustees. If recommended for the pool, references will be checked at any point beyond the interview. If selected for the pool, candidates remain in the pool for a period of four years.
The Public Safety Department of Santa Rosa Junior College is seeking a pool of qualified candidates with demonstrated instructional skills to join an outstanding team of faculty and administrators to provide high quality programs and services to our district, our community, and most importantly to our students.
The Department of Public Safety offers over 200 sections of public safety educational programs annually for approximately 6000 students taught by 8 full time faculty and almost 200 part time(adjunct) instructors. This program offers 14 career certificates as well as three degree programs in each of the public safety disciplines. The department is looking for motivated faculty to join its award winning team.
Examples of Duties:
Adjunct faculty are responsible for maintaining currency in their field(s) of expertise. Adjunct faculty focus primarily on providing instruction and/or student services. They may be required to participate in student learning outcomes assessment. Adjunct faculty are typically not required to participate in District or Department Service such as committee work, evaluations, and hiring committees, but may be asked to perform these services for additional compensation.
Bachelor's degree AND two years of full-time (or part-time equivalent) related experience; OR an Associate's degree AND six years of full-time (or part-time equivalent) related experience; OR the equivalent; OR possession of a fully satisfied (Life) California Community College Instructor's Credential in Police Science.
- Successful recent completion of a P.O.S.T. Certified Instructor Development Course or equivalent.
Requires a sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
If you do not possess the minimum qualifications, exactly as listed above, you must file for equivalency. If claiming equivalency, applicants are responsible for documenting all course work, degree programs and related professional experience at the time of application.
- A completed Santa Rosa Junior College Employment Application and responses to Agency-wide Questions. It is important that your application reflect all of your relevant education and experience, including academic and non-academic employment history. Please note that your resume is not a substitute for completing the "Work Experience" section of the employment application. Applications will be rejected if no work experience is listed, or if other required application fields are missing or incomplete.
- Please provide contact information (phone number and email address) for three professional references.
- If you do not meet the minimum qualifications exactly as stated, including if you are in the final semester of a required degree program, you must complete and attach the Equivalency Application and supporting documents, including narrative synopsis. Faculty/Adjunct Faculty Equivalency Application(Download PDF reader) Information on SRJC Faculty Equivalency Procedures can be found at Board Policy 4.3.2bP.
- A brief cover letter explaining your interest in the pool, including how you meet the requirements and are qualified to perform the duties as listed in the "Examples of Duties" section of this job announcement. Please specify the top three disciplines that you are qualified to teach in.
- Current Resume.
- Transcripts of all college level course work, including confirmation of degrees. Unofficial copies (both sides) are acceptable if the unofficial document includes a seal, watermark, or other proof that the document was provided by an educational institution. Official transcripts must be submitted prior to hiring. If transcripts are from an institution outside of the United States, applicants must provide a formal evaluation of their foreign degree(s) at the time of application. Contact the Human Resources Department for more information.
- If applicable, copy of California Community College Credential (both sides).
- Proof of completion of P.O.S.T. Certified Instructor Development Course.
PLEASE SUBMIT ONLY MATERIALS REQUESTED.
- Starting Hourly Rate: Please see our hourly salary schedules online at https://hr.santarosa.edu/salary-schedules or contact the Human Resources Department for more information.
- For Unit A (AFA) Faculty, salary placement may be based on academic background, vocational experience, and teaching experience depending on discipline and as documented in application materials. Initial Step placement will be at Step 1 pending evaluation of experience as outlined in Article 27 of the AFA Contract (http://www.santarosa.edu/afa/contract.shtml).
- Sick Leave Accrual: Adjunct faculty members accrue sick leave on a pro-rated basis.
All documents included in your online employment application become the property of the District. Your employment application for this opening will not automatically be considered for future openings. New employment application(s) must be submitted for each opening.
Santa Rosa Junior College does not reimburse candidates for expenses related to adjunct faculty interviews. Requests for video-conference or other accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
If you are in need of special services or facilities due to a disability in order to apply or interview for this opening, please contact the Human Resources Department.
MORE ABOUT SRJC HUMAN RESOURCES
PHYSICAL ADDRESS: 1988 Armory Drive
MAILING ADDRESS: 1501 Mendocino Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 95401
PHONE: (707) 527-4954
FAX: (707) 527-4967
The office is located in the Button Building on the Santa Rosa campus. All documents included in your online employment application become the property of the District. Your employment application for this opening will not automatically be considered for future openings. New employment application(s) must be submitted for each opening.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT (Prior to beginning employment):
- In accordance with Federal Law all employees must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States;
- Must be fingerprinted in California and have background clearance (at applicant's expense); and
- Must take a TB test (once hired and every four years thereafter).
Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Jeanne Clery Disclosure)
Sonoma County Junior College District's annual security report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Sonoma County Junior College District; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. You can read or obtain a full copy of this report by going to https://police.santarosa.edu/. Paper copies of the full report are available upon request by contacting Police Department Records at (707) 527-4963 or by coming to the Sonoma County Junior College District Police Department located at 2032 Armory Drive, Pedroncelli Center, Santa Rosa Campus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SRJC attracts and retains the most qualified faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds. This is achieved through an inclusive recruitment strategy and a rigorous, thorough hiring process that begins with the fair and consistent evaluation of each application for minimum qualifications and demonstrated skills specific to each position/assignment. Because the ability to serve students from broad cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds and genders is a key commitment of the District mission, SRJC actively encourages applications from candidates who recognize the value that diversity brings to a professional educational community.
The Sonoma County Junior College District does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnic group identification, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic condition, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its policies, procedures or practices; nor does the District discriminate against any employees or applicants for employment on the basis of their age. This non-discrimination policy covers admission, access and treatment in District programs and activities--including but not limited to academic admissions, financial aid, educational services and athletics--and application for District employment.
The Sonoma County Junior College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please visit: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/santarosajc
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency