MiraCosta CollegeLocation: Oceanside, CA 92056 Document ID: AC192-4UUL Posted on: 2018-06-1806/18/2018 Job Type: Regular
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://jobs.miracosta.edu
Discipline or Department: Fiscal Services
Position Type: Staff/Classified
Hourly Rate or Monthly Salary: Starting $5,388.67 per month
Working Hours: Two regular, full-time, 40 hours per week, 12 months per year on the Oceanside campus. The work schedule will be Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. The person selected for this position will be subject to assignment to any district facility during any hours of operation.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered in the first screening pool for this position, you must submit the following documents directly in the online system and finish applying and receive a confirmation number by 11:59 PM on the first screen date:
1. Application for classified employment on which you list all relevant experience.
2. A cover letter addressed to the "Screening and Interview Committee" specifically describing how you meet the desirable qualifications and the representative duties.
3. A current resume or curriculum vitae summarizing your educational background and experience.
4. Transcripts of college coursework which provide evidence of meeting the minimum qualifications as stated above. Unofficial or legible photocopies are acceptable. If a degree(s) was earned, the transcripts must state that the degree was awarded. Any degree/coursework used to satisfy the minimum qualifications must be from a postsecondary institution accredited by an accreditation agency recognized by either the U.S. Department of Education or the Council on Postsecondary Accreditation. If your degree(s) is from a college or university outside of the United States, you must submit a detailed evaluation from a professional evaluation agency. To view a list of agencies approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing, go to http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl635.pdf.
5. If applicable/available, technical certificates related to Payroll
- MiraCosta College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. Describe your own commitment to diversity and how you will meet the minimum qualifications of "sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic background of community college students."
- Describe your PAYROLL experience. Include in your response the following:
o Your specific payroll duties and years of payroll experience
o Number of paychecks processed/month
o Employee pay types you processed (Full time, Part time, exempt, non-exempt, Faculty, Staff, or other employee types)
- Describe your experience using payroll software systems and related computer applications. Include the names of computer systems/applications you have used and what payroll-related tasks you used them for.
- Describe your experience in a lead capacity (can be non-work related). Include specific lead responsibilities. If none, type "NA".
- Rate your proficiency/experience (Advanced, Intermediate, Beginner, NA) and provide a brief description of your proficiency with the following:
o Payroll withholding taxes and other payroll deductions
o Providing information (written and verbal) to employees on salaries, deductions, and other payroll related items.
o Problem solving payroll issues.
o Microsoft Excel proficiency (include spreadsheet models you created and/or types of function you know)
The screening and interview committee will review application materials for up to three to four weeks following the closing date. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone; those not selected for interview will be notified by e-mail once interview candidates have been scheduled.
Offer of employment to the person selected for this position is contingent upon 1) successful completion of a pre-placement physical exam at district expense; 2) submission of a current tuberculosis test clearance; 3) proof of eligibility to work in the United States; and 4) fingerprint clearance.
Individuals with qualified disabilities who need accommodation with any aspect of the application and/or interview process should contact Human Resources at 760.795.6854 at least five days prior to the closing date.
Retired STRS members are not eligible for these positions.
Basic Function and Other Details:
Under the general direction of the Payroll Supervisor, perform a variety of work related to the preparation of the district payroll, including the coordination and application of current federal and state laws, county and district policies in the timely and accurate preparation and auditing of payroll documents.
(E = essential job function)
1. Process monthly payroll for all employee groups; perform complex payroll calculations; verify information from relevant forms/timesheets; audit, correct and balance payroll; ensure compliance with all applicable codes, laws and policies. Conduct technical research and prepare reports. (E)
2. Update, process, and maintain employee profile and benefit records in the payroll system of all necessary records including pay rates, account numbers, retirement plans, benefit plans, direct deposits, etc., to ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll. (E)
3. Process monthly timecards and maintain accurate payroll and benefit records including but not limited to work hours, overtime, vacation, sick leave, banked time, extra pay, stipends, shift differentials, career incentives, responsibility factors, voluntary deductions, salary reduction plans, Affordable Care Act weekly records, TB status monitoring, and other work tracking requirements. (E)
4. Communicate and provide information to administrative personnel, other colleges, federal, state, and local agencies and others regarding payroll services; prepare and forward necessary documents to County Office of Education required to update, correct, adjust, or process payroll records. Provide effective customer service by responding to in person, telephone and email inquiries from employees concerning salaries, deductions and insurance; interpret and explain payroll policies to employees. Work with appropriate personnel to ensure accurate coding and reporting of payroll and benefits. (E)
5. Compile information and data and prepare various payroll and statistical reports; receive, analyze and verify accuracy of payroll reports. (E)
6. Compile, prepare and submit employment verification, unemployment audits, EDD quarterly reports, State Controller's reports IRS information inquiries, subpoena information, calculations for W-2 reporting (excess life insurance, dependent care, district vehicle, electronic devices, benefit costs and domestic partners). Sort and distribute W-2 forms at year end; process and prepare W-2c and W-3c corrections, as well as PERS, STRS, Social Security and PARS requests for information. (E)
7. Perform related duties as required.
Type of Benefits:
A full benefit package which includes employer-paid medical, dental, and vision plans for employee and dependents; $100,000 employee life insurance; other optional coverages; and membership in the California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS).
1. High school diploma or the equivalent.
(To view MiraCosta College's equivalency guidelines for classified positions go to http://www.miracosta.edu/administrative/hr/downloads/Equivalency_Guidelines_for_Classifie d_Positions.pdf.)
2. Three years of related work experience.
(IMPORTANT: For work experience, one "year" is defined as equivalent to 40 hours per week for 12 months, or at least 2,080 hours)
1. Associate in Arts (AA) degree in accounting, business, human resources or a related field. Technical certificates related to Payroll. 2. Payroll work experience in a school district setting. 3. Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word. 4. PeopleSoft Human capital Management (HCM) system is a plus
Licenses and Other Requirements:
First Screening Date: June 4, 2018
Human Resources Contact Information:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 760.795.6854
About MiraCosta College
The MiraCosta Community College District is one of California's 114 public community colleges. The district includes the communities of Oceanside, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Cardiff, Olivenhain, Leucadia, Solana Beach, Rancho Santa Fe, Del Mar, Carmel Valley, and parts of Camp Pendleton.
MiraCosta offers undergraduate degrees, university-transfer courses, career-and-technical education, certificate programs, basic-skills education, and lifelong-learning opportunities, as well as a Bachelor of Science degree in Biomanufacturing.
The district operates two campus sites and two centers, and offers a robust online education program. The Oceanside Campus, serving approximately 10,500 students, is located on a panoramic 121-acre hilltop site with views of the ocean and mountains. The San Elijo Campus is located in Cardiff, 17 miles south of Oceanside, and attracts more than 3,000 students. The Community Learning Center in downtown Oceanside hosts about 2,500 students in the college's noncredit programs including English as a Second Language, the Adult High School Diploma Program, and other tuition-free, noncredit classes. The Technology Career Institute (TCI) in Carlsbad is part of the colleges Career Education Department. It offers our local community members the opportunity to enhance their lives and their careers with low-cost, hassle-free classes, workshops, and programs, as well as certificate programs to train skilled workers in industries such as high-tech manufacturing, maritime technology, and emerging technologies. The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) located at the TCI provides resources, workshops, and leadership programs for small businesses and serves all of North San Diego and Imperial Counties. The Veterans Business Outreach Center (VBOC), also located at the TCI, provides entrepreneurial development services such as business training, counseling, and mentoring, as well as referrals for eligible veterans and military spouses owning or considering starting a small business enterprise in Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego and Imperial Counties.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency