This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
South Orange County Community College DistrictLocation: Mission Viejo, CA 92692 Document ID: AB432-5J2J Posted on: 2017-11-0311/03/2017 Job Type: Regular
COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
The Board of Trustees seeks a proven leader committed to student and institutional excellence. The Chancellor serves as Chief Executive Officer and reports directly to the board. The successful candidate will have at least:
- An earned master’s degree from an accredited college or university in business or public administration or related field. Doctorate preferred.
- Five years of senior level experience at a large and complex organization, preferably a multi-campus higher educational institution.
- Experience in teaching or student services, and/or providing support or the roles of faculty, instruction and student services, in a higher education environment.
- Experience working with a diverse board in an effective governance model including collective bargaining.
- Experience in and/or demonstrated knowledge of the role of community colleges in economic and workforce development.
The district was founded in 1967, serves more than 60,000 students, employs 3,000 staff, and has three campuses: Saddleback College (Mission Viejo); Irvine Valley College (Irvine); Advanced Technology & Education Park (Tustin).
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER