UC San DiegoLocation: La Jolla, CA 92093 Document ID: AB393-3EMW Posted on: 2018-06-1806/18/2018 Job Type: Regular
Lecturer (18-19 AY)
Lecturer (18-19 AY)
University of California, San Diego
Temporary Lecturer in Economics
The Economics Department at UC San Diego is committed to building an excellent and diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and invites applications from candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment. The Department invites applications for one or more Lecturer positions. The Department is looking primarily for Lecturers in macroeconomics and econometrics, although applications in any area will be accepted. Appointments will likely be part-time, though possibly full time, from one quarter up to one year's duration, for the 2018/19 Academic Year.
Candidates are required to have a Bachelor's degree in economics or a related field. Preferred candidates will have a Ph.D. in economics or a related field, prior university level teaching experience, experience managing large classrooms (100-300 students), outstanding teaching evaluations and demonstrate strong or potential contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the context of a large public university.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience based on the UC pay scales.
Applications will be accepted until June 30, 2018.
Submit a vita, three original letters of reference, past teaching evaluations, and a personal statement on diversity. The personal statement on diversity should summarize past experience in activities that promote diversity and inclusion and/or plans to make future contributions.
Applications are accepted through UC Recruit only. Please follow the direct link to apply. https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/apply/JPF01521
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to diversity - Please describe any teaching strategies you currently use or plan to use to foster a diverse and inclusive learning experience, and to enable all students to excel and fully participate in the learning process.
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- Teaching Evaluations - Teaching Evaluations from all courses taught or TA'd for etc.
- 3-5 references required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
To apply, please visit: https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/apply/JPF01521
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency