University of California, San DiegoLocation: La Jolla, CA 92093 Document ID: AC376-0S79 Posted on: 2019-06-2506/25/2019 Job Type: Regular
Assistant Professor - Biological Anthropology
Assistant Professor - Biological Anthropology
University of California, San Diego
The Department of Anthropology (http://anthro.ucsd.edu/) at the University of California San Diego invites applications for a position in biological anthropology at the rank of assistant professor with a start date of July 1, 2019. Candidates must have received their PhD in biological anthropology or a closely related field by the start date of the appointment. Candidates who have yet to receive their PhD at the time of application will be required to show proof of the in progress PhD with the expected date of conferment. We are looking for candidates with cross disciplinary research interests relevant to human or non-human primate diversity, evolution, behavior, or health. We particularly seek a colleague whose research interests bridge and integrate with those of our existing biological anthropology faculty. Areas of interest presently covered by our faculty include human brain evolution and neurodevelopmental disorders, primate behavior and socioecology, cognition and conservation, social and racial disparities in health, epigenetics of adversity, molecular diversity beyond the genome, affecting reproduction and disease susceptibility. We consider this spirit of integration especially relevant to the training of our graduate and undergraduate biological anthropology students. We seek a colleague who will complement and expand our department's current conceptual and methodological strengths while communicating across disciplinary and departmental boundaries.
Applicants will be judged on evidence of and their potential for accomplishments in research, teaching, academic and professional service, and contributions to diversity.
Applications are accepted electronically at: https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/apply/JPF01858.
Applicants are required to submit an application cover letter, curriculum vitae, research statement, a statement on how the candidate's research can bridge and integrate across our existing biological anthropology faculty, teaching statement, sample(s) of written work, and a statement summarizing their past and/or potential contributions to diversity. UCSD is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff, and student body. See the UC San Diego Faculty Excellence and Diversity Website (http://facultyexcellence.ucsd.edu/c2d/index.html for assistance with UCSD's diversity expectations. Applicants who have yet to receive their PhD must provide a letter from their advisor stating their PhD progress and expected conferment date. Applicants are encouraged to submit teaching evaluations and sample syllabi.
References: Applicants will provide current contact information for three references (do not send letter of recommendations and/or placement files).
INITIAL REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS IS OCTOBER 31, 2018
Recruitment for this position will remain open until the position is filled. All applications received by the initial review deadline (Oct. 31, 2018) will be fully considered by the search committee. Those received after the initial review deadline will be reviewed only at the discretion of the committee.
For questions about this job announcement, email Anita Wu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and based on University of California pay scales.
For applicants interested in spousal/partner employment, please visit the UCSD Partner Opportunities Program web site at https://aps.ucsd.edu/services/pop/index.html
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Statement of Research - A statement detailing your current research, as well as your research and publication plans for the next 3-5 years.
- Statement on how the candidate's research can bridge and integrate across our existing biological anthropology faculty.
- Statement of Teaching - A statement of your teaching philosophy and plans for both graduate and undergraduate levels.
- Sample of Written Work #1 (Required)
- Sample of Written Work #2 (Required)
- Sample of Written Work #3 (optional) (Optional)
- Sample of Written Work #4 (optional) (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Applicants should summarize their past or potential contributions to diversity. See our Faculty Equity site for more information.
- Letter from Advisor (Required for PhD Candidates) - Applicants who have yet to receive their PhD and are currently PhD candidates must submit a letter from their advisor stating their PhD is in progress. The letter must indicate the expected date of conferment.
- Teaching Evaluations (Optional)
- Sample Syllabi - Up to 2 sample syllabi
- 3-4 required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
To apply, please visit: https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/JPF01858
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
|More Jobs from University of California, San Diego|